Chapter 27: Two (1)

The shores.

LUB-DUB~~

The rough and coarse shores.

LUB-DUB~~

The shores where the land meets the deep vast, turquoise sea.

LUB-DUB~~

The white sand and crystal clear waters that provide for lush scenery.

LUB-DUB~~

Only to be tainted in black sands of shattered unclarity.

LUB-DUB~~

As unclear as the poignancy of helplessness, that comes with the implosion of consciousness.

LUB-DUB~~

LUB-DUB~~

LUB-DUB~~

LUB-DUB~~

He was laid out, face first, sprawled across the rough white sand that when his eyes opened, he felt himself go blind. The refraction of light immediately had him be submerged back into darkness by closing his dark brown eyes immediately, not wanting to wake up and see such a bright light.

Such a deceiving and cruel bright light.

Not only could he feel the grating yet gentle and smooth texture of the sand from underneath, he could also feel the rushing waves of the sea that kept intensifying towards the shore, before receding back into the open waters.

Nothing remained still, the current was restless, and so were the sounds of the waters, as restless as the thoughts that were filling up the space of what used to be nothing but darkness with just that...

Darkness.

Soundlessly, he opened his eyes more slowly this time, to give them time to adjust to the sharp contrast between light and dark, as well as allowing the frequencies of the world to enter his ringing ears and for the smell of salty air to reach his nose.

Eeeeiiinaaa... He made a deep inarticulate groan, conveying the sensations of stinging pain that were registering throughout his whole body. He placed his hands in front of him to raise himself up gingerly, before wincing at the burning cuts he noticed on his arms that were steaming with smoke.

Eeehh? Adeng? He wondered in his native way for what the hell was going on.

Blood seeped down and coated the surface of the water. Oddly enough, the more Genesia's vision continued to become clearer from blurriness, the more he could see that each wave brought more blood with it, almost as though the water itself was reflected red from the sky instead of the usual blue.

Such was exactly the case as the sky was indeed painted in red due to the sun being low in the sky, transmitting light through the thickest part of the atmosphere loaded with dust and moisture particles.

The fuck? Barely breathing, he allowed his vision to fully clear up and for the sickening vertigo inside his head to cease before raising his head to what was in front of him.

He could make out the course white sand that ran for miles and miles on end, turning his head left for some lingering moments before turning right, allowing the moments to linger longer.

Where... where am I? Why am I— His unfocused gaze was clouded and drenched in throbbing confusion having never seen such a sight in Petora or Mootlakeng before.