Chapter 37: Mercy

*********

She was laying down, buried deep in the snow, sinking slowly like quick sand, helpless to the mercy of the world, with no strength in her body to resist.

"Non, non, non," her single scared voice was drowned out in the white noise of her nightmarish fever dream.

White squalls surged across and white snowflakes fell down in destructive offense. She was stuck in an infinite blank pitch of whiteness. Empty, bleak, and desecrated with nothingness. Her gashing hole of missing flesh next to her heart refused to heal and refused to close.

"Another failure."

Coming out of nothing, was something that rose from the pile of snow to stand strongly at its Maximum level and height; with copper skin and multiple branded tattoos. Like the signature raging bull of a warrior he was, like the peak of the highest mountain in the known human world he was.

"Non, non, non," she repeated. It seemed like these were the only words she could deliver with her voice. Her brain had been damaged significantly that she was deprived of her ability to have control over all known levels of speech and all known diction of words.

She continued sinking slowly, only able to watch with heaving breaths that were becoming more strained for capturing oxygen by the second.

The peak of human strength crossed his arms with a grunt, not even bothering to help. His frightening blue eyes and permanent scowl of contempt seethed in disappointment, watching the woman that was once his wife sink under the pressure of her own softness.

"Look at you... how far you've fallen, showing that pitiful weakness of yours. You only have yourself to blame. It is because you showed soft mercy to your enemies that you lost your so called red sister. It is because you showed soft mercy to your enemies that the daughter of red no longer has a mother and is now alone in the world."

"Non, non, non," she kept denying, panicking and panting with wide frightened amber eyes.

"It is because you showed soft mercy to your enemies that you failed to protect our strong vanquishing girl!"

"Non. Non. Non!"

"It is because you showed soft mercy to your enemies that you failed to protect those two vermin twins!"

"Non! Non! Non!" This time she shrieked with a whitened face, wishing to shut her ears from her former husband and close herself off from everything.

All the pain, all the horror, all that dragged her down and kept her down with no glimmer of light stronger than the blinding white to help her up.

"It is because you showed soft mercy to your enemies that you will fail to protect your new home!"

"Non! Non! Non!" She cried out in anguish, shaking with tears running down her face and freezing into icicles that pierced her skin.

"It is because you showed soft mercy to your enemies that you will lose that swine of a failure you call your new husband!"

"Non! Non! Non!" She moaned and screamed for it all to stop. All the white noise beat her ears senselessly. She wished she was deaf. To wishing for relief, yelling for the mercy of death to make it all stop. To deny the worthwhile suffering of life and accept the merciful thanks of death.

Vicious winds of blue Amandla aura gushed out of the man, raising his black hair for his whole face of fury to be seen, exhaling steam from his nose like a raging bull.

"If I was still with you I would have shown no mercy to our enemies to protect you and our girl! To protect all the lives of those you care about!" To protect our land! To protect our people of winter!'