Chapter 88: Setting Suns

The next morning, before dawn, he flew. Before sunrise could arrive, the other sun knew. He had been restless, relentless, no more than his trusted companion.

"Easy Leonidas."

Renero roared softly at the mighty lionlidon that growled at something approaching from the land of cruelty. Something sinister, sadistic.

"Sick," Leonidas made the word audible.

Yes. So sick that a heat wave of sickness stretched across the scars that ornamented Renero's muscular body. He narrowed his eyes, constricting his pupils and increasing his vision, along with his senses, sensing not just one powerful source of light, but two, and the second source...

Was himself.

Untamed anger boiled from the depths of his core that became hardened and raw with rage. Renero considered his surroundings, sitting atop the edge of the subtropical Gau canyon, green with vegetation and gold with sandstone. Some time ago, he meditated in Imagis with Amoar, and now, his miniscule plane of peace was disrupted by the ill falcon flying towards him.

Renero's eyes glossed over the views of the hot springs, veld, orange cliffs and the tall Flori waterfall that looked like a mourning flower. His ears blocked out the sounds of the fleeing birds in the sky. His veiny hand gripped his spear like a thunderbolt, and his golden Amandla aura began to coat his body.

Leonidas roared at Renero and started to move away from him.

"I agree. Go back to your pride Leonidas. Tell Safrina to get the lionesses ready for today's bloodbath. I will be back in time for the sunrise. I appreciate your tact my friend. This is something that only I can face, just as your pride is something only you can rule over."

The lionlidon roared and sprinted towards his destination, moving faster than a horse, and bigger, more powerful, more ruthless, and more graceful.

Renero heard a rustling noise behind him. Primals of course, but he paid them no mind with the prime threat that kept creeping in on him, above him, in the sky. Indescribable disgust formed over his face.

It was still dark, but there was light to be found. The atmosphere was partially illuminated by the sun, but the sky was not completely bright. The real sun sat below the horizon, peeking over it, while the artificial sun creeped on the living sun that brought forth his astral chant of consuming fire.

"I move like water, I go with the flow."

"At times with no rhythm."

"At times just for show."

"I worry and I never worry."

"It always takes a toll."

"But it's no problem for me."

"For that is the way of my soul."

"I rise like the sun, and I set with it."

"I decide who rises."

"I decide who falls."

"So come and receive my judgment."

"For the Sun decides ALL."

----------

Renero threw his spear of nations and took off with it, high into the air, breaking the sound barrier and shattering the laws of oppressive gravity that opposed him. Up and up and up he flew, like a newborn star, engulfed in golden fire, clouds of gas and sparkles of dust. The storming ascension swelled to its landmark, no, it exceeded it.