Chapter 66: Sinful Sentence

The next night came fast for Genesia, faster than he thought in fact. Sleep came easily too, very easily as he fell into a long and deep sleep.

He couldn't remember the last time he slept like a log. Not even with Kakara. He attributed this to his weakened body that was in dire need of recovery after two months of being in a comatose state inside the freezing cold tomb-tank.

His open eyes took awhile to adjust to the dim lighting in the room. There were no windows inside the bed chamber, only scented candles that burned with green fire.

A harmonic harp played in the background on its own. The soothing music did the trick in making Genesia feel as light as strings and as relaxed as a flowerbed. He slowly got up into a sitting position.

Hmm? Genesia was confused, it was like his bed had been splashed with water, including his body that was drenched in sweat.

He rubbed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair to discover sweat dripping down like a tap. He quickly shook his head wildly in order to dry his long dreadlocks and forehead.

"Awake at last! Good, I was wondering how much time your body needed. But twenty-four hours seemed appropriate. More than appropriate actually. It's perfect, we're right on time with only an hour to go before your trial starts."

Genesia's body stilled tremendously. He turned his head and shuddered when he saw Ramela sitting on an ebony wooden chair. Elaborate cloth covered the chair and it was decorated with emblems of lions and snakes.

She stared at him with those luring eyes of hers, accompanied by a wide smile. The sight gave Genesia a fright as he inhaled sharply and almost jumped on the spot like a feral cat.

Ramela laughed at him. "Still scared of me?" She teased with a coy eyebrow.

Kepi hissed at Genesia. "Why are you so afraid, my boy?"

He hissed back to defend himself. "Ah! She's just smiling and staring at me in the dark with those big eyes of hers! How could I not be afraid? Plus... well... I'm still not used to this..."

Mad Scar had conditioned Genesia to be fearful and mindful of every single thing like an animal to where his senses were constantly amplified in being alert to even the tiniest possibilities of impending danger against the primals, the Island and himself.

Kepi considered Genesia's defense with a "Hmm," kind of hiss in accepting his paranoia as valid given the tense circumstances.

Femi, the lioness stirred from the floor to purr at Genesia. "With all due paws, master does tend to scare people very easily. It's pathetic how weak sheep are. Fear not my child, she's just very curious and worried about you that's all. She's been watching you sleep for about twenty-four hours. I've never seen her be so engrossed in anyone before you came along. Take that however you like. Advice? Grant her wishes every day. Her thoughts have been devoted towards helping you. Nothing else. You're going to need all the help you can get around here."

Genesia listened to Femi with wide eyes, turning his attention back onto Ramela to see that she had dark circles under her eyes.

Like Mama. A wave of guilt crashed into him as his expression turned somber. She's been awake on that chair the whole time, just... for me? That looks very uncomfortable.

Ramela still wore the shining silky green nightgown from the previous night while he was dressed in the shining blue night robe that she gave to him.

Her glued gaze considered him greatly with expectancy in tackling her question. Genesia closed his eyes, drew a deep breath and exhaled. With opened eyes, he tackled her again, only to find himself losing power by the second. The burning candle lights were nothing compared to how she lit up the room with her sensuous heat.