Chapter 3: Cracks

In no time, the three were back at the main village known as Amrule, composed of rounded artistic huts with quick haste in order to deal with the new impending danger. Actually, that would be putting it lightly since this impending danger wasn't new at all.

It was one that the Racaans had been acquainted to all their lives, except the twins and all the other children that were born in Mootlakeng of course. The years had been without the danger of humans and primals, they had been peaceful, but they certainly had not been without struggle.

Amoar noted the frantic hustling from the onlookers as they walked through. Many eyes were drawn upon them, with the twins feeling their intense stares.

"Keep moving you two, stay calm luna! Now may be the time to be fearful, but it is not the time to panic. Keep your heads cool, we'll sort this out as we've always done," he shouted in a clear voice, moving to find his wife Rasie and sister in law Banti.

The twins followed behind their uncle whilst also being unable to ignore the constant stares and whispers they received from the rest of the villagers and tribe members of all ages with their colourful animal patterned clothing, adorned with bracelets, necklaces, headscarfs, beads and other fine additions.

Some looked at them with awe, some with shock, some with fear and others with worry and skepticism.

Neosa shifted towards her brother to try keep her voice as subdued as possible from their uncle and the onlookers by whispering to him. "Why are they all looking at us like that? Like we're freaks or something. They know us haow."

Genesia knew exactly why, he simply couldn't get uncle Amoar's ominous words and the story he told out of his head. The truth wracked his brain like twisting forks.

"You know the answer Neo, it's because of us, it's just like uncle said. Our Impulse dream brought those monsters here, and now everyone's scared of us."

This was something Neosa refused to believe in. Even if that was the case, it's not like they themselves wished for this to happen.

"Ha,eh!" she whispered back defiantly. "Not even uncle knew that things would be this bad, besides, he said it couldn't be stopped and that this would come some day. This isn't our fault! I refuse for it to be our fault!"

Genesia could only shake his head at his sister's denial. "Regardless if it is our 'fault' or not, we are the reason that this is happening now, it's only natural everyone's become weary of us."

But, if everyone has experienced this before us, then why is this such a shock to them?

It's not like we knew what was going on until now. They really must not have felt anything like this since before we were born. Genesia frowned.

Mama. Genesia could only think of their mother, hoping that her soothing words could ease all the worries they had. Knowing her, she's probably straining herself already.

"But still... they know us," Neosa countered weakly. The thought that everyone around them could possibly blame them for this and even be scared of them was inconceivable. "We've all grown up together and we should always be together no matter what! We're family!"

That's right, now more than ever. We shouldn't be scared. Well, scared of each other at least. We should all be scared of those things and fight them together! If anything ,with our awakening, maybe we can help everyone fight properly. Ah,neh?

Before Genesia could respond to her thoughts that he heard telepathically, he looked up to see their cousin Mpho approaching them.

Mpho was six years older than the twins at sixteen years of age. Her hair was dark brown, long and braided, reaching her upper back. She wore loose brown ceremonial robes with feather bracelets around her wrists and ankles. Her skin was light brown with white lightning streaks across her face and body.