Chapter 4: Heartbreak

A breakthrough, is often defined as a sudden, dramatic and important discovery or development. A finding so to speak. Breakthroughs happen time and time again in the lives of all living things. It can come from the simplest of things, such as a breakthrough in learning.

A breakthrough in seasons. A breakthrough in... science. They are often meant to bring about new findings that suggest groundbreaking progress , growth and successful revelations. How ironic that some breakthroughs can insinuate rather interesting findings. Rather disturbing revelations. Such as...

True, and utter despair.

Sometimes it's better if new discoveries were never made. Because some can be...

Heartbreaking.

The land of Mootlakeng was illuminated in an electrifying sphere of energy, as the residents offered up their life force to reinforce the enchantment barrier. A chorus of cumulative chants and sonorous songs in Raraac soared over the landscape. The women could be heard ululating with uplifting verve.

The loud vuvuzelas zoomed past the province like zebras. The multi coloured plastic horns boomed and showered the skies in tuneless music.

The versatile tongue of the Racaans rang across Amrule, the surrounding villages, the temples, the stone cities and far beyond the other settlements with such vigor that the very ground beneath them was shaking with tremendous buzz like rumbling titans.

From an outsider's perspective looking in from afar, they all resembled brightened fireflies. Their spiritual energy ignited their entire bodies in colourful and diverse auras of fires. Energy, aura and fire, otherwise known — as Amandla, meaning Power.

Such a channeling power resided in all living things in the universe. Amandla gave Racaans their strength to survive, and Amandla ensured that they continued to survive through life, death and the life after death.

Upon being born, each Racaan received nine planetary marks, either on their upper left arm, or their upper right arm. The marks were of the Sun, the Moon, Venus, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, and Pluto, which all shined on their respective upper arms like miniature stars.

The three strongest crafters of the remaining royal bloodline stood together in the middle of the enchantment circle, carefully distributing all the Amandla around the barrier. The dangers of the outside world were not lost on them, for just as they could feel everyone's efforts in reinforcing the barrier, they could equally feel the repetitive impacts of the primals crashing into it.

The art of even crafting the enchantment barrier was unheard of, the first of its exceptional kind. A masterpiece of Godly creation. For that reason, it's a miracle that they've been able to sustain it together for ten years, just as Banti and Rasie had done, as the two strongest crafters their race had ever seen.

As everyone held their hands up in the air to offer up their Amandla in the form of light and fire, the three of them motioned their bodies tirelessly in performing the ritual. They were lost in the dance-like technique and trance that distributed and strengthened all the fiery energy.

Banti's cheetah-like movements were fast and smooth, like the accelerating tides of the waves rushing into the shore from the sea. Rasie's tiger-like movements were rough and ferocious, like the brutal tides of the waves crashing into the rocks.

Where Banti was the rushing breeze, Rasie was the blustering turbulence. And since she was taught by the two polar extremes, Mpho's movements could be considered an intricate balance of the two. Her technique was that of a serene storm.