Chapter 21: Giddy Germination

=== 3YL ===

"We're gonna die!"

"No we're not! Keep running and don't look back!"

"They're getting closer! We're not gonna make it!"

"I told you guys that this was a bad idea!"

"This is all your fault Crishern!"

"Shut up Lorry, we each got our bunny kills, now we just need to get outa here!"

The six children ran, but not just for fun. No, they ran for their volatile lives. What started out as a dare of courage from Crishern in baiting them all to secretly accompany the young boy in hunting for small prey, soon turned into a real mishap of judgment.

They managed to successfully kill one rabbit each. However, they fucked up in doing so. They ran, alone, with no one to help them, as several primals were rapidly approaching them.

"Nina, keep crafting some fire on the ground to try to get them away!" Linde screamed out, holding onto both his and Nina's dead rabbits.

"I'm trying but it's not strong enough!" Nina protested in dismay, abysmally snapping her fingers downwards in order to craft a significant amount of heat to deter the primals and give them some breathing space.

Unfortunately, she was only able to ignite small candles that were swiftly snuffed out each time the primals charged past them.

"What about you Suleng?" Linde redirected in the same scared voice.

"I can't concentrate to produce zingy sparkies and run at the same time either!" Suleng bellowed out in panic, hearing a number of primals right behind her.

"We gotta call them!" Lorry looked across to his right as he pleaded desperately, seeing the exposed fear on Crishern's face.

"Lorry no! If we do then we lose the game and we'll be in serious trouble!" Chrishern tried to sound brave, but his voice came out like a frightened chicken.

"I'd rather us be in trouble than dying or turning into them!" Kiyo reasoned with watery eyes.

She was tempted to look behind her in order to ascertain how close the primals were to catching up to them.

The desire was swiftly extinguished when an influx of nauseating horror permeated through her skin. Without looking, she could feel the proximity of their eerily similar, human-like features breathing down on their neck diseases that infested the air.

The tropical Gau canyon was before them. They nearly shat and pissed their pants then. It was a very, very long jump to the other side of safety. For one, even if they did in fact make the jump, the primals would be right behind them in making the jump themselves with considerable ease. And secondly, if they didn't make the jump, they'd all plummet down into the dark, unseeable abyss.

The disorientating vibrations and variant sounds the primals made served to stunt their diminishing confidence and speed. The rushes of adrenaline were well and truly kicking in, which only elicited a rampant instinctual reciprocation from the deadly demons. Their primal hunger and killer instincts caused the children to feel like they were slowing down when they were running as fast as they could.

In the same vain, they knew that if there was ever a time that they needed to cry out for help before their voices became non-existent out of trembling fear, the time to do so...

Was now!

Realizing this, they all looked at each other affirmatively and despairingly to perform the call of danger that they were told to do.