Chapter 71: Singular Sin

Ramoth took in all the unchanging faces. On first glance one would think that the two million gathered were all on the same page. But through careful evaluation, one could see that things were evenly split.

Although everyone gave thumbs down signs, half of the crowd had uneasy, shameful and stricken expressions that simply followed everyone else out of fear of either being ostracized, punished or banished to the hellish desert with the primals.

Neosa didn't doubt the occurrence of either or and all three combined. That alone made her eyes sparkle in seeing a small ray amongst the heaps of dismay.

"The only way to wash their brains is by changing the narrative to make them look even more stupid. Got it?" Ramoth's unplanned plan raced through her.

"In order to win to stand on the highest position, you must first lose and fall to the lowest position."

Neosa considered the long drop down to the bottom. Hayi, well I'm on a very high position right now cousie. Or do I have to fall to my death again? She jested, but Mpho's spiritual words did the trick in electrifying her body with sparks of blind faith that she needed to trust.

Trust...

Neosa's gaze could dig a hole through Ramoth's head. The fact that he had access to her mind while she didn't infuriated her, but, at the very least, he didn't give her the complete silent treatment. After all, he saved and healed her from death.

She looked to the left to see the werehyena arriving at the top, standing tall on his hind legs before shrinking to the average size of a normal spotted hyena.

"Hee-hee-hee, didn't expect that now did ya?" Mekal laughed, nudging her nose with his as his way of mocking and comforting her.

"You people are mad with surprises I'll give you that." Neosa made a laughing and growling sound to communicate her dry interest.

"That's exactly how we win. Surprise, surprise, surprise," Kufu hissed.

Neosa rolled her eyes at him. The truth was, she was of the exact same mindset, except she didn't like it when the surprise was aimed at her own peril and doom.

Surprise!

The box of surprises opened up in her head.

"Wait!" Neosa shouted, gaining the high ground from her high position.

Hisses of disgust spread across the masses. An irritated vein popped up on her forehead as she was about to yell at them, but Neo held her back by the hair.

One and then what?

Two!

One and then what?

Two!

She gulped a large chunk of oxygen and closed her eyes to control her chaotic mind. Her eyes opened, completely brightened, with an expression of casual superiority that looked down on the people with pity instead of contempt.

"I."

"Am."

"Number one — in the world."

She sighed dramatically like her statement caused her pain at admitting how lonely she was at the top. This sparked flares of annoyance as she spoke again to reach their deaf ears.

"I've been number one since day one, when I was born into this world. For I am Neosa, for One Sanctuary. I am Neo, for One. Get it? Do I need to repeat myself? I — am — The One!"

Her voice charged like an army of saber tooth tigers towards the whole lot of them.

"I am The One that will save you from yourselves!"