Chapter 63: Genie

Genie? The greatest Pharaoh of all time?

Alert signals went off like sirens of distress in every corner of Genesia's mind. He walked towards the open seat cautiously, never taking his cinnamon-brown eyes off of Ramela, just as she never let her emerald-green eyes be anywhere else but on him.

He took his seat, carefully, heightening whatever of his senses remained to try and spot out any potential signs of danger. That is what perturbed him the most.

I sense nothing. Things felt too easy, too comfortable, too at home in foreign alienation.

The apprehension of danger faded away like it didn't exist. Nothing felt wrong or amiss, but nothing felt right either. More than anything, the aromas of the food in front of him caused all of his worries to disintegrate with how famished he was, like he hadn't eaten in—

Months? He gulped, cracking his fingers and hearing his stomach growling again.

Ramela laughed softly at him, still with a resigned posture. Her hand was under her chin while her other hand twirled the genie lamp with blue smoke coming out of it.

"Well don't be shy, dig in! Two months away from good sustenance has surely left your body in desperate need for immaculate food has it not?" She arched an eyebrow at him.

Genesia blinked. Two months? That was the answer to his first question. The second question had to do with...

His eyes couldn't help but catch a glimpse of her luscious breasts for a moment before landing on her face. The same face that kept its sight on him at all times like a guard of royalty.

Ramela grinned. "I can see you are starving for me too. You don't have to feel embarrassed, it is only natural for you to feel that way, everyone does after all," she said with a gloating air of self aware beauty and a flick of her dark hair.

Genesia bit his lip nervously, shifting his gaze away from her and doing all he could to focus his attention on the food, and on the food alone even though she looked just as tasty. He eyed the food with scrutiny, smelling it to see if there were any detections of poison and or harmful substances.

Ramela's eyes widened and she laughed, much more loudly this time.

"Now why on earth would I do that after saving your life? If I wanted you dead or to suffer, don't you think I'd have done that already by now?" She asked with an amused expression. Everything about Genesia entertained her in a way she couldn't put her finger on.

Genesia couldn't answer her. At least not right now. Surviving on Mad Scar for so long had made him wary of every little detail imaginable, including food when it came to health and well-being.

Ramela sighed mockingly, choosing to take a piece of the apple pie on Genesia's plate and eating it with a fork to ease his nervousness.

Slowly.

She made sure to show him her tongue as she took the food in her mouth, all the while ensuring that her eye contact on him was never broken. The black eyeliner make-up added a certain quality of divinity to her gaze.

"See? Nothing to worry about. You're in safe hands, Genie."

Genesia groaned, making fists with both his hands and shifting in place. Taking deep breaths to calm his nerves and flaming hormones, he figured the best thing to do was to dig in and devour the food to attain some strength. His body was far too weak to concentrate and or hold a proper conversation with this woman, given how eager she was to speak with him.

So Genesia ate. He devoured the Macaroni Béchamel in minutes before going for the apple pie and caramel cake. He could feel her gaze of pure lust on him the entire time, but he devoted his attention to the food. A fine meal indeed, the best meal he'd had since...