Chapter 71: Finally

Final Day of the Trial

Penny-

The judge cleared his throat and sat up. My heart began to race while the blood rushed from my face. My hands shook and my mind raced while an anxious feeling swept across my body. I was so scared. This moment would make or break our future.

Michael stared solemnly in front of him. The judge lifted his papers and began to speak. Suddenly my mind went blank while everything around me shifted. All I could see was a faded vision of our possible future.

Michael and I walked down the path toward the animals. By our side were five children. I looked at all of their sweet faces, their chocolate brown eyes and freckled cheeks. The perfect mix of us. The result of true love.

Michael picked up the littlest child so he could pet the horse over the fence. Michaels face was chiseled and peaceful, his hair in a messy bun and he looked tired. But not an unhealthy tired but a - I have 5 kids and never have time to sleep - tired. He looked happy.

I looked down at my stomach and saw that I was still big. I was pregnant. We were gonna have another one. My hand brushed up and down my stomach. The sound of giggles was heard around me while my babies danced in the grass. Their little screams made me smile while Michael chased them, attempting to tickle them.

I turned around to see their smiling faces but was surrounded by a dark room. Taking small steps forward I was greeted by a small baby in a crib. The hand that once rubbed my pregnant belly was now pushing against my empty stomach. The room was only lit by a small light in the corner. The baby made small noises and squirmed in his sleep.

My hands crept around his small body and pulled him into my chest. I walked out into the hallway in search of someone. My baby began to whimper while I opened and closed doors around me. Looking for anyone. My heart began to speed up while an empty feeling was inside me. A tear rolled down my cheek while I hugged my baby close to me. My vision blurred while I became dizzy. Feeling alone. Abandoned.

"...not guilty on all accounts."

My eyes flashed towards the judge while I began to pant. I was back in the room, surrounded by family, my vision now clear but my cheeks stained with tears.

Katherine whimpered beside me while Janet squeezed my hand, a smile on her face. I saw Michaels body fall forward while he put his head in his hands. I leaned forward to see his brothers with relieved faces. Evan Chandler walked down the isle with his hands cuffed behind his back joined with two police officers. His wife cried and held onto Jordan.

Everyone began to stand up around me. Michael stayed seated and shook his head in his hands. Janet helped me up while a rush of understanding surged through me. I slowly walked over to Michael who began to stand up, adjusting his suit jacket. I touched his shoulder and turned him around. Our chests collided while I embraced him. His head buried into my neck while he rocked us back and forth. I stepped aside and watched as he hugged our family.

——————

Michael held my hand and Katherine's while we walked out of the court. The bright sun kissed our faces while the screaming and crying fans released doves into the sky. I looked at Michaels face who seemed to finally be understanding what had happened.

We were going home. Home. Where we would spend the rest of our lives. We won.

Security and paparazzi pushed all around us. The chaos, confusion, and love stained the air. "Michael! Do you have anything to say?!" "Michael over here please!" "Mrs. Jackson how do you feel?!" They yelled at us while we were shoved into the limo.