Chapter 9: We're Leaving

Penny-

"Penny I'm confused."

"I need to get away from my dad. He needs to know that he can't control me." I said whilst walking towards Michael on the bed.

"Well I can't leave early if we want to go by plane." Michael said.

"Then let's not go by plane. If your performance is in two days and it's a 39 hour drive to New York from California. Then we can start driving tonight and be there by the day of your performance."

Michael furrowed his eyebrows. "I will have to ask Joseph if I can. He won't like when I tell him either. This will be risky if we go Penny. We may have to bring a security guard along with us."

"I'm willing to do it. I can't stay in that house another night."

"I can help you sneak into your room to start packing. Then I will talk to Joseph about it." Michael suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea. Thank you Michael."

We began to walk out of the house and towards my bedroom window. I guess I was climbing in the way Michael did.

As I stepped into my room I quickly gathered my bags and stuffed clothes into them. I put on a grey sweatshirt, black sweatpants, and my white Reebok's. My hair was in a messy braid and my eyes were tired. I grabbed my backpack, car keys, and some granola bars I had in my desk.

Michael-

I quickly ran inside to find Joseph. My hand began to shake as I approached the living room.

"Joseph?"

He turned around. As his blue eyes stared into mine my stomach began to sink. "Is it alright if I leave for New York tonight with Penny. Her parents won't let her come to see the show if we leave any later." I lied.

"Yeah whatever. Take security and the limo. If you don't get to NYC on time you're getting it." He glared at me sharply. My heart began to race but I was relieved that he let me leave earlier.

Penny-

By the time I looked out the window I saw Michael waiting to catch my stuff. I threw down my bag and started climbing down the paneling on the side of the house.

"You look cute." Michael said to me while giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks Applehead."

"Applehead?" Michael questioned me.

"I don't know it just came to me, seems fitting enough for you." Michael opened his mouth in shock.

"Not as much as Doodoo works for you." He said goofily.

I giggled and tickled his stomach. "Okay so what'd your dad say?"

"Joseph said I can go with security, we are taking a limo, and we have to leave soon."

I couldn't believe this was happening. "So I don't need these keys?"

Michael shook his head as I tossed the car keys on my front porch. I left my written note on the porch too. It said:

      Dad, I need you to get off my ass so I'm leaving for a bit. I will be with Michael. I'm going to see his upcoming performance. His family knows I'm with him. Be nice to mom.

      Mom, I'm leaving with Michael to see his show and we will stay in that town for a bit until dad can get his shit together. I love you. I will call you.

I grabbed Michaels hand and we walked to the limo in front of his house. Wow I guess this is better than my stank old car.

"Ready for 40 hours in this thing with me?!" Michael said while doing the jazz hands.

I began to laugh and snort as he kept on striking poses as if to showcase himself.

"40 hours with Applehead in this car? Sign me up!"

The next chapter will be a calm one and after that their relationship will get a bit more interesting. Hope you enjoy!!