Chapter 52: Family

September 1992
Neverland Ranch

Penny-

Michael had performed some concerts in Europe and Russia. But now we were back at the ranch for a get together with the Jackson family. It was the usual family reunion but to celebrate the beginning of our marriage.

I adjusted my black leather belt while I stood and waited for Michael to arrive. Everyone else had joined us but Michael. "Tom where are they?" I asked my security.

"Bill says they were having some car trouble. They will be here soon. Go and talk to the family I can wait." He reassured me.

I nodded and walked towards the field where cousins and siblings laid on blankets. "Penny! Come over here girl!" Janet called me towards her and Jermaine.

"Hi guys." I sat down next to them and grabbed a strawberry from the small basket.

Jermaine smiled "So how's life being married to Michael?"

"It's great. Honestly I feel so much more content knowing that we are officially married."

Janet chewed on a grape "Let me see the ring again." I gave her my left hand. "Shiiit... look at that engagement ring Jermaine!"

I wore the wedding band on my ring finger and my engagement ring on my middle finger. The engagement ring was too beautiful not to wear. "Typical Mike." Jermaine shook his head while TJ sat down next to us.

"I'm bored." He hummed and picked at the fruit. "Is Uncle Michael gonna get here soon? He always does the more... fun things with us." Jermaine fake slapped TJ in the head.

"Why don't you ask your new Aunt." Janet and Jermaine looked at me, I had completely forgotten I was an aunt now. Weird.

"Michael got some roller blades we can try." I shrugged and took TJ to the shed. We grabbed two pairs and put them on. "We've never actually used these." I giggled and stood up while TJ climbed to his feet as well. "Mac always used them though." When I looked up TJ was gone. "I- TJ?" I rolled out of the shed, searching for him as I skated down the pavement pathway back towards the festivities.

A clump of little kids swarmed together, in the center of it was of course... Uncle Michael. He smiled brightly while hugging all of his cousins, nieces and nephews. He wore black pants, a brown leather belt, a black CTE shirt, and his black fedora. His hair was just hanging, not tied up or anything (my favorite). He wore no makeup.

I slowly rolled towards them as they began to disperse. "Stinky look!" I yelled and skated into his arms. "I am... skating." I posed and puckered my lips in front of him. He giggled before pulling me into another hug. He grabbed my hands and helped me roll around the park. "What happened with the car?"

"The engine wasn't working right, but it's all fixed up now."

"That's good... I was supposed to be skating with TJ but he left me the second he put these on." I looked around.

"I'm sure he's messing with his brothers..."

I pouted "Oh well, too bad." I shrugged while Michael began to hum something I hadn't heard before.

"Say that again?" He froze.

"Say what again?"

"What you just said... oh well-"

"Too bad?"

He looked off into the distance thinking hard about something "Too bad... too bad... hmmhm" He hummed and then his face lit up. "Oh that's great." He said and began to run, continuing to pull me behind him. His hums grew more consistent, sounding more like a rhythm with each time he sang it.