Chapter 5: Library

Michael-

It's 3 a.m. and I can't stop thinking about what happened. How did I let myself go like that? I've never done that kind of thing. I'm not ready. And she was so eager. I don't understand. We must've just got caught up in the moment. Not to mention we barely know each other. How am I supposed to go to the library with her after what happened? I have to contain myself. We need to get to know each other better.

Penny-

(8:00 a.m.)

The sun wakes me once again. I could get used to this. I immediately think of Michael. But my heart doesn't flutter.

My stomach sinks.

I can't believe what happened yesterday. He was so nervous. I feel like I took advantage. But he seemed to enjoy it so I'm not sure what happened. But it can't happen again. We barely know each other.

Today I put on an oversized blue graphic tee. I slipped on light denim mom jeans and my white Reebok's. My hair is held back by a bandana and I am wearing my sun necklace once again.

I wash my face and brush my teeth. Apply some makeup and grab my backpack. I was going to drive Michael to the library today. I'm hoping to find a new series to read.

I went downstairs and grabbed a glass of apple juice and a granola bar. I wrote a note to my parents to tell them I would be at the library.

As I walked towards the front door my father stopped me. He looked angry.

"Penny."

"Yes dad?"

"Are you spending time with Michael again?" I could sense frustration in his tone.

"Yes."

He hesitates "I saw you yesterday."

"What?" I hope this isn't what I think it is.

"You were on top of him. I could see through his window."

My breathing increased and my palms became sweaty.

"Dad, we didn't do anything. We stopped. I promise."

I looked him in the eye.

"Don't be a slut. Keep it in your pants."

I gulped. What had gotten into him? He just called me a slut.

"I'm sorry dad. It won't happen again." I turned around and walked down the hallway towards the front door. A tear rolling down my cheek.

I glanced up and saw Michael peering through a crack in the door. I opened it up all the way and ran to the car. He opened the passenger seat door and grabbed my hand as he sat down.

"Penny, I'm so sorry."

"Shut up."

"What?"

"Shut up!"

"Penny, I don't understand."

"I can't believe this is happening." Tears started streaming down my face. I began to breath heavily.

"Penny."

I glared at Michael.

"Penny! Look."

I saw my dad watching us. I pulled out of the drive way and drove away.

"Penny, what's going on."

"My dads and asshole that's what's going on."

Michael was surprised with the language I used but I was extremely upset so I didn't care.