Chapter 37: Romance

One Month Later

Michael-

Penny had divorced Jake 3 weeks ago. She seemed happy at first but I could tell that she was also feeling a bit lost. She didn't really know what to do. She had been staying at Neverland because she didn't feel that her LA home was a home. She also planned on selling her apartment in NYC. She wanted to start fresh and I completely understood. I felt it was my job to stick by her through it all. Our relationship had gotten so much stronger when Jake wasn't here. It made me fall for her even more. I hadn't even realized how aggressive Jake was to her until that last day when Penny proposed she wanted a divorce. Over these months I had been more inspired to write music so I had gotten some lyrics and rhythms stashed in my recording studio. I couldn't wait to start working on my next album.

"Hi Stinky." Penny walked down the stairs wearing jeans and a sweatshirt.

"Turd! How are you this morning?" I flipped through a magazine in the living room.

"I'm good. I have a shoot today. I would invite you to come but..."

"Yeah that's okay." I shrugged my shoulders as she sat next to me on the couch.

"Toms' gonna drive me." Tom was her new security guard I hired for her. He used to work on my team, but with Penny's career growing I decided it would be best to hire her security in case.

"Okay. Oh! I have an award show coming up, I would love it if you joined me." Her face lit up.

"Oh I would love that! Calvin Klein actually reached out to me with some dresses they want me to advertise so that would be great!" She kissed my cheek and jogged to the kitchen. "What are you wearing to this event?" She asked, pouring us glasses of orange juice.

"A black suit with a red shirt underneath, nothing special."

"Ah yes. The iconic Michael Jackson look. Boring..." I fake frowned. "I'm just kidding! You will look very handsome. Did you already eat breakfast?"

"No." I bit my lip nervously.

"Do you want me to make you something?" She sipped on the orange juice as I sat at the counter.

"No. I'm not hungry."

"Okay. Well I can always make you something. I am a pretty good cook you know?"

I giggled "Yeah okay."

"Hmm." She glanced at her watch. "Does my hair look okay?" She played with her puffy hair.

"Yeah. You look great." I took a sip of my orange juice.

"Okay I better get going." She took a bite of her granola bar before stuffing it in my mouth and kissing me on the cheek. "Don't just dance all day!" She yelled as she ran out the door. She knew I had been dancing non stop lately. I didn't have much to do these past few months for the tour finished and I had a bit of a break.
I decided to call Elizabeth in hopes that maybe she could stop by and help me with something.

"Hello?" Her voice rang through the phone.

"Elizabeth! It's great to hear your voice again." I smiled brightly.

"I could say the same to you. What do you need?"

"As you know I've been spending more time with Penny Scorsese." She hummed on the other end "And I want to ask her to be my girl pretty soon. So I was wondering if you'd maybe stop by and help me set something real romantic out for us. Could you help me?"

"Ohhh. Of course I will Michael! I will be there as soon as possible!" She abruptly hung up. She always loved helping me with women.

I waited patiently on the couch, looking through another magazine.