Chapter 2: My Names Michael

Penny-

I step into my new bedroom and only begin to compare it to my room in New York. This one is large and had a big window looking to our neighbors yard. I saw a black boy running around with what looks to be a monkey. I began to watch him as he played with the monkey. The boy had an Afro and a brilliant smile. I noticed my heart was fluttering while I watched him.

He glanced to the front of my house and skipped to the fence closest to my front door. I giggled as I watched him. Was he in search of something? Maybe he had seen me arrive at my new home. He huffed and looked at my window. I froze and my eyes grew wide. Could he see me? Was the sun too bright and the glare hid me? I hoped he couldn't see me. I looked a mess. My long hair was messy and I was wearing a simple black t shirt and high waisted jean shorts.

While I was caught up in my thoughts I only began to realize he had been waving and trying to get my attention for a minute or maybe two. My eyes grew wider and I waved back. My lips frozen in a straight line for I was nervous to be the center of attention of such a handsome glorious looking boy. He waved for me to come down there. I shook my head no. He shook his yes.

As I frowned and got up to get my white tennis shoes, my heart began pounding again. Was this the handsome boy my mother spoke of?

"Where are you heading honey?" My father said.

"One of our neighbors waved for me to head over. I'm going to say hi quickly."

"Okay well your mother is making sandwiches for dinner. Make sure you unpacked all your belongings before bed alright?"

I nodded and headed out the door. To my surprise I saw the boy climbing over the fence and running toward me. He ran to me and greeted me with a warm hug. Have I met him before or is he always like this?

"Hey! You must be Scorsese's kid!"

I gulped, "Uh yeah, I'm Penny I just moved here." Why did I tell him I just moved here he obviously saw me JUST move here.

"Oh yeah, I saw you pull in. You're really tall are you a model or something?"

"Oh no, I'm not a model. But I'm flattered."

"Oh, well what do you do then? Any hobbies?"

"I play the bass. What about you?" This kid looked really familiar up close.

"I sing. Do you want to take a walk. I would really like to get to know you!"

"Sure. Have we met before? You look so familiar."

"You might have seen me on tv. I'm apart of The Jackson 5." My mouth plopped open in surprise.

"No way?! Are you Marlon Jackson?"

His smile grew and he started giggling. He's cute. But what'd I say?

"No, I'm Michael! Marlons back at Hayvenhurst right now."

"Oh, my bad. You're Michael Jackson? Wow."

He turned to look at me. I froze, did I have something in my teeth?

Michael-

"What?" She squeaked.

I stood silent, looking at her beautiful face. She had deep brown eyes like me. Rosy cheeks and long eyelashes. Her freckles were almost not even existent but some poked through and it was adorable.

"What?!" She got frustrated.

"Oh nothing, just observing your face. I like your eyes, they look like mine." She blushed.

"I should probably head back my father wants me to unpack before dark."

"It's still so light out though."

She hesitated and looked like she had been caught doing something bad.

"Uh, my moms making dinner for us too. I just want to get back home." She said.

"Can I help you unpack? I don't have a lot of friends so I would like to get to know you better."

She gulped. I began to worry I was scaring her off.

"That sounds nice." She said as she grabbed my hand and ran towards her new house pulling me behind her.

I'm on a roll guys. I really hope you are enjoying this so far. Comment anything you think would be cute to see with the two of them and I will be sure to think about adding it! I probably will end up writing for the rest of the night so expect a lot of reading!! I hope you like it :D