Chapter 51: Vows

Michael and Penny decided to have a small ceremony with their parents and a few friends. In order to accommodate the wishes of the Jackson family wanting to welcome Penny into the family, they decided to have a dinner at Neverland.

The Wedding
A Few Weeks Later
Neverland Valley Ranch

Penny-

Megan pinned me into my dress, my heart fluttering for I felt so beautiful. The dress hung just above my feet, it was a relaxed dress decorated with lace. Megan wanted me to have a huge dress since we could afford an expensive one but I didn't. Especially since the ceremony was to be so small I didn't find it necessary.

(this is what the dress looks like, i know it's not very 90s but i thought it was just too beautiful)

I fixed my makeup a bit before it was time to make my way to where the ceremony was to be held. My hair, parted in the middle, laid on my back delicately. My nails painted a pale pink.

"You ready?" Megan asked while combing through my hair. I stared at myself in the mirror, I felt like a princess.

"Almost." I scurried to my dresser and reached into one of the drawers in search for the locket Michael gave me 15 years ago. Our young faces glowing in the picture that's tucked inside this tiny necklace. It laid on my chest perfectly, as if it was finally home. "Okay, we can go now." We walked out of the house and towards a golf cart we would ride to the venue.

"You excited?" Bill asked as he drove us.

"I've never been more excited in my entire life." I hummed.

"You certainly look beautiful." He smiled kindly.

I bit my lip nervously, although I was so ready to marry this man the anxiety of committing to something so big frightened me. Especially since my last marriage ended in me with bruises on my arms and a broken heart. I stepped onto the hot pavement, I decided to just not wear any shoes for heels wouldn't be great in grass. I grabbed my dress so it didn't brush against the ground and walked into the grass. "I can't believe I'm marrying this man." I said in awe as I looked down the field to see Michael standing in a suit underneath a tree. The seats filled with our parents, Macauley Culkin, Elizabeth Taylor, Mr. Diddle and his husband, and Megan began to join them. I decided to invite Mr. Diddle for he was always good company and a great friend too. My father peered around a tree and saw me, his eyes watering.

"You're really gonna marry him?" He grabbed my hands.

"I love him more than anything dad." I looked into his eyes. "And he loves me more than anything too."

"I'm happy for you." He hugged me before grabbing my hand and walking me towards the people. My heart pounded and my eyes watered as the image of Michael became more clear. The soft sound of music played as Michael turned to see me, his eyes wide. He wore a black suit. The jacket embellished with crystals similar to the shape of the flowered lace on my dress. And of course a white armband. His hair was curled and soft, he looked like an angel. His lips were slightly parted, looking as kissable as ever. Our stare was so intense that I hadn't even realized when his hands were holding mine and the priest was speaking to us.