Chapter 63: Back Home

November 11th

Penny-

Michael squeezed my hand before he stepped out of the limo, entering his home finally. He had finished his therapy successfully. Of course he would still have appointments to check up on everything but he didn't have to stay in that boring room doing nothing but being reminded of the reason he was there. Pain killers. But now they were officially out of his life. Except not.

Michael was constantly having some pain on his body. Whether it be his scalp, his back, a headache, or some other surgery he had to have done. Pain killers would always be around him. That scared the shit out of me but as long as I was there I trusted everything would be okay. And I trusted him too. I trusted he wouldn't rely on them again, if not for himself then for me and his future child.

The air was a comfortable temperature, the sound of classical music playing throughout the ranch. It was great to be home. His shoes clicked against the wood floor while we stepped inside our home. The smell of cinnamon and vanilla reminding me of the constant magic that is here. Paintings and images of fairies, mythical creatures, Michael surrounded by laughing children, and the painting he asked for. Of me. Dancing on a cloud. It was the one gift he asked for for his birthday one year. I was more than happy to give that to him.

"We're home." I rubbed his shoulder before walking off into the bedroom. The bed made, the red sheets tucked neatly into the bed frame. Our wooden dressers and desks clean and polished. It was spotless, that was sure to change after one day of Michael living here again. The statues of Mickey and Minnie Mouse sat smiling by the bay window. The small paintings of landscapes perfectly hung above the bed. Finally home.

"We brought back one extra human." He giggles and rubbed my tummy. I was 9 weeks pregnant. My tummy was no longer lean and toned but a bit expanded and puffy. I didn't look overweight, I just looked like my stomach was a bit more than bloated. Our baby was now the size of a green olive.

"We should start planning the nursery!" I clapped my hands.

Michael gripped my hand as we walked up the stairs to the upper level of the bedroom. It was perfect. I hadn't even thought about connecting the nursery to our bedroom. It was filled with mannequins and books and other random shit he had accumulated but once that would be cleared out... it would be perfect.

"We can paint it white, and put the crib over here." He pointed to a spot against the wall. "And bookshelves. A rocking chair by the window." We could picture it perfectly. It was making me emotional. I wanted to meet our baby so bad. I couldn't wait any longer. A few tears rolled down my cheek. This pregnancy was making me very emotional. "Are you excited?" He wiped my tears, getting used to how I cried everyday.

"I'm beyond excited." I whimpered into the palm of his hand. Then I remembered how his whole family was waiting in the living room for us to surprise Michael. "Michael... follow me." I pulled him back down the stairs and into the living room, the lights were out. I gave a thumbs up to Taryll who was by the light switch.

"SURPRISE!" His brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews yelled. All of the bright smiling faces of the Jackson family making my heart so happy.

"Oh hey guys!" He smiled, we all laughed for his reaction wasn't what we were expecting. But he certainly looked happy. Toya was first over to us, she squeezed us tight. Then came Marlon, Janet even showed up. Each one of the family members gave us a tight hug and warm welcome home.

Then came Katherine. "My baby boy." She kissed his cheeks whilst he bent over. His hair was down and curly underneath his fedora, his face clean of any makeup. "And my beloved daughter." She kissed my cheeks as well. Then wobbled backwards to look at us. She squinted her eyes while she looked at me. Michaels face turned sharply towards me, examining to see if you could notice a bump. Not through this sweatshirt you couldn't. "You're looking awfully glowy." She pinched my cheek. Fuck. Of course Katherine would notice. But how could I be mad about it. It was about time we told the family.