Chapter 24: Here We Go

Penny-

"Bye Meg! Don't get too lonely." Megan rolled her eyes and stuck her nose back in her book. Jake and I were staying at my house over the summer, he wanted to meet my parents.

Our relationship was going perfect, and our 1 year anniversary was coming up too! Meg wasn't too happy we were leaving her but she needed the time to find herself a Jake.

"My stuffs in the car J." I walked up to him as he locked his apartment. "Are you nervous?" His cheeks were red which usually meant he was anxious.

"A little bit. I want your parents to like me!" He grabbed my hand as we walked to the car.

"They will like you! Everyone always likes you. You're a likable person." I squeezed his hand. "Plus, my parents are going on vacation two days after we arrive. So we won't be stuck with them."

His eyes widened as I turned the car on. "You know what that means..." He bit his lip and fake moaned. Ever since we had sex he couldn't get enough of it.

"Oh shut up!" I slapped his chest and drove off. As we drove down the long roads I began humming to the radio.

"Ugh I hate this song." Jake flipped through the radio, until I realized what song it was.

"You hate Dedicated To The One I Love? I love that song." I scoffed and turned back to it. "This song is great! Listen to the harmonies, it's beautiful J."

"It's stupid." He said. I rolled my eyes and turned it up while yelling the words.

"THIS IS DEDICATED, THIS IS DEDICATED TO THE ONE I LOOOOOVE." Jake put his face in his palms as I screamed the whole song. The rest of the ride was silent.

"Here we are." I squeaked as we pulled in to the driveway. I hadn't been home in awhile.

"PENNY!" My mom screamed as she ran to the car. "My baby. How are you?!" She hugged me as I leapt out of the car into her arms.

"I'm good! Mom, this is Jake." I pulled her towards him. "Jake, this is my mom."

"Hi Mrs. Scorsese." He gently shook her hand.

My eyes wandered to the Jacksons house. I could hear their animals from over here. I pictured Michael spraying Marlon with the hose and little Janet running around with Michaels birds.

"Penny?" I snapped out of my imagination as I heard a small voice say my name. I walked over to the fence and peaked my head over. Oh my god, it was Janet!

"Janet?"

"Hey girl!" Janet ran through the gate and greeted me with a warm hug. "I haven't seen you in ages!" She squeezed my waist, she's so tiny.

"How've you been Dunk?" I pulled on her curly hair.

"Pretty bored right now, Good Times ended months ago so I've been just messing around here."

"Oh yeah, that sitcom you were in." I recalled. "So how old are you now?"

"I'm 14."

"You're getting so big." I gasped "Is anybody else home?"

"No. Just mom and Joseph. Oh and Randy is home right now."

"So people are home?" I looked down on her, she was wearing denim jeans and a Mickey Mouse shirt. Michael would wear that too.

"Well not who you're looking for." She winked.

"Okay fine. But tell everybody else I say hi. I've got to introduce my parents to someone."