Chapter 32: Set

Penny-

I slipped on my jeans and quickly brushed my teeth. I was meeting my dad where they were filming today so I was in a rush. I grabbed my thick coat and rushed out fo the hotel in search of a taxi.

"Hey! Is that Penny Garner?" Someone yelled as I waited for a taxi. I shouldn't have come without security. "Penny! Oh my gosh I love you." I ditched that idea as more people started noticing me. Running back into the hotel, my hair a mess, I wished my dad hadn't left yet so I could just ride with him but I was sure he had gotten to the set early.

I stood, tapping my foot nervously, waiting for the elevator as paparazzi started to show up outside of the hotel. There were so many of them. It usually wasn't like this whenever I went somewhere. I pressed the elevator button once more, getting more anxious.

"Psst." Someone called me from the hallway, maybe a fan. I put my hood up trying to hide my face for I looked a bit rough today. At the elevator finally arrived, a large hand grabbed my arm and tugged me into the hallway. They put a hand over my mouth before I could scream. Everything was happening so fast I was so panicked. I writhed in the arms of this unknown man and tried to scream. "Shh. Penny shut up!" He hissed in my ear. My heart began racing as my mind flipped through all of the possible outcomes of this situation. As an instinct I bit the mans hand. "Ouch!!" The man yelled before started to giggle. I knew that giggle... it was so familiar. "Okay Penny... I'm sorry. It's me!" The man turned me around to face him, the back hallway was too dark I could barely see his face. But I could see the bright white smile. That smile...

"M-Michael?" My fingers brushed his cheek.

"Yes Penny, it's Michael. Now stop panicking!" He pulled me into a tight hug.

"B-but-" My heart was still racing.

"Come on, I can take you to the set." He grabbed my hand and took me to his security who then helped us into a big black car that sped off. "How ya been?"

I was still in shock. Minutes before this I thought I was being kidnapped, now I'm in a car with Michael Jackson. "Penny?" He looked at me, "You okay?"

"Uhh... yeah I'm fine."

"Okay, good. How's Jake?" I flinched at his name, remembering why I came here in the first place.

"Umm, he's fine too." I played with my winter coat.

"Just fine? Not great?"

I hesitated "Yeah just fine."

"Okay. Well I'm sorry I really scared you back there, I was just having some fun. Did your dad tell you he was working with me, is that why you're down here?"

"Yeah, sort of. But I also just wanted to get away for awhile."

He tilted his head, clearly wondering what was up with me. "Well I've missed you! We haven't seen each other in years! By the way thanks for that get well letter years ago... I really appreciated that."

"Yeah of course. I'm glad to see that you did get well." I looked up at his face. His skin paler, for a reason I wasn't sure of. His nose was smaller and his face was a bit puffy, he looked handsome as ever but kind of... ill almost.

He grinned and nodded his head. "We're here." He hopped out of the car and towards the set, I followed closely behind him.

Most of the day I just sat and watched what was happening. I also ate a lot of junk food, which probably wasn't good for I was supposed to be eating better for a shoot I had coming up. I didn't get to talk to Michael or my dad anymore at the set so I decided to just head back to the hotel and hang out with myself.