Chapter 61: Puke

The Next Day
Doctors Office

I sat with my heels crossed wearing a paper dress in the clean white doctors room. Michael clicked his heeled boots on the tile floor and snapped his fingers. My heart sped up as Dr. Jones walked into the room. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Jackson." She smiled while looking at her clip board.

"Thank you for meeting us so soon." I played with the string of the dress.

"Of course! So remind me again what had happened?" She sat on the rolling stool and looked right into my eyes.

"It was about 3 in the morning and I woke up to go pee. But then I found blood in my underwear and I panicked." She slowly nodded.

"You didn't have any back pain or stomach cramps did you?"

"No." Michael stayed quiet, listening in to everything that was happening. I was surprised at how calm he was keeping himself for I thought he would be the one worried most.

"Okay so... I think we should do an ultrasound. I see now you are about 5 to 6 weeks pregnant as of today. Then we will decide what to do from there okay?" I nodded quickly.

She performed the ultrasound once more, applying the cold jelly. Michael gripped my hand while we both looked at the screen. A small black circle appeared. "Is that-" Michael eagerly said.

"Yes. That's your baby!" Michaels head fell to rest on my hand while he squeezed it with both of his. "You didn't miscarry. I was sure you wouldn't have." She smiled. I felt a weight lift off of my shoulders while I took a deep breath. "I will print out a picture of this for you two." Moments later she handed us the image. A small black circle surrounded by a fuzzy gray color. And inside the black circle was a tiny white speck. That tiny white speck was our baby. My eyes brimmed with tears while Michael hugged my head into his chest. Dr. Jones began again. "So the Pap smear results from a couple of weeks ago came up as negative for any disease or infection. So I'm just going to take a peak to see if there is any redness or discharge okay?"

Michael sat back in his seat while she looked and pulled at my skin. We waited patiently. "Well you look very healthy. So you surely don't have any infection." She pulled away and removed her gloves.

"So why was I bleeding?" I sat back up.

"Have you two been sexually active during your pregnancy?" She washed her hands then sat back down.

"Yeah..." I gulped.

"Okay that's fine. Sex is perfectly fine during pregnancy, it won't cause anything bad to happen to the baby. But what I'm thinking is that you have a bruised cervix." My mouth dropped and Michael slowly blinked.

"How does that happen?" He asked and adjusted in his seat.

"So now that you are pregnant your body is obviously changing a lot. You may not see it physically but you are changing quite a bit. One of these changes may be that your cervix may become very tender. Not all women experience this but I believe that you have." She cleared her throat. "So sexual intercourse can be quite uncomfortable afterwards." Michael covered his mouth with his hand, clearly embarrassed.

"What do we do then?" I asked.

"If you get uncomfortable after sex then I suggest taking it slower, being more gentle. If you bleed more then I may suggest to just eliminate sexual intercourse as a whole." She crossed her legs while I let out a sigh.

"Other than that she is completely healthy? And the baby?" Michael asked while he adjusted his fedora.

"But other than that you are completely healthy, as is the baby." She chuckled while I smiled.