Chapter 54: The First Interview

Last Day Of The Honeymoon

Penny-

I step back into the house, wiping my sandy feet on the small mat by the door. Michael sits by the kitchen counter sipping on orange juice.

"Hi!" I slide across the tile floor, dumping the shells from my shirt to the counter. Michael looks at the shells and back to me.

"What are these for?" His sifts through them.

"You! Look, this one looks like a heart." I push one towards him. "This one is the perfect shade of purple too..." I wipe the sand off of the shells.

"This one is sparkling." He puts it in her large palm. "Pretty... thanks Turd."

His fingers pinch my chin, pulling me to his lips. I bend over slightly, his hand arching my back as my fingers roam through his hair. He slowly stands up, his arms clutching my torso.

I feel a drip down my leg. "Shit." I look down to see a streak of red running down my leg.

"Woah..." Michael backs up looking at my leg.

I run to the bathroom to clean myself. I grab a tampon and rinse my swim suit bottoms. While washing my hands I feel my chin begin to quiver, I'm not pregnant. Michael waits outside the door when I come out.

"Guess who's not pregnant." I huff as he hugs me.

He lowly gasps but tries to comfort me "That's okay. We will keep trying." He sounds like he's reassuring himself more than he is me.

I breathe into his neck "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. It's really okay Penny. Honestly. We have plenty of time. Don't feel rushed." His hands squeeze my waist while we hear the ringing of the phone.

"Hello?" I ask into the white phone attached to the wall.

"Hey Penny." My assistant says. "Diane Sawyer just offered to interview you."

I scratch my neck while I hear Michael fiddling with some of the shells. "Erm... should I do it?"

"Your PR team thinks you should. You haven't done an interview in years, and now you're married to Michael. There are lots of things you need to clear up. It would be ideal." I can tell she sounds nervous.

I scrunch my face for I honestly didn't like Diane Sawyer. "Umm, yeah okay. I'll do it. When is it?"

"Next month."

I huff "Okay, I'll do it."

"Why so sad?" Michaels hand crept around my waist while I put the phone back. His fingers running over my abs.

"My PR team thinks I should do an interview with Diane Sawyer."

His fingers froze, his lips separating from my neck. "Are you gonna do it?"

"They want me to. And I think I should." I hesitated, afraid he would become upset with me although I know he could never be too mad at me.

"Okay, I think you should too. Oprah Winfrey offered to interview me as well. Frank Dileo (michaels manager) thinks I should. I know you wanted me to do one too. So I'm thinking about it." His fingers lower to touch the top of my swim bottoms.

I turn around to face him. "This will be good. We will clear everything up. We need to talk about things we aren't going to speak of though." My fingers curled around the collar of his shirt. "Like...?"

He waited a moment, his hands clutching the sides of my bottoms. "Our sex life."

I chuckled "Of course." My fingers brushed across his cheekbones "Stinky gets embarrassed." I pouted my lips, making fun of him.