Chapter 67: Sunshine and Darkness

Hi guys! I am so sorry it's been almost two months since I've updated! It has been the last thing on my mind for I've been dealing with some mental health issues recently. BUT it's getting better and I want to try to update more. No guarantees but I'll try to write more often ❤️❤️

January 16th 1994
21 weeks pregnant

Penny-

I stared back at my tired face in the mirror of the hotel room we were staying in. We had gotten tired of staying at Neverland for so many days. Not doing a single thing for we couldn't risk anyone knowing about the pregnancy. I rubbed the lotion on my tummy and yawned tiredly. I could hear the sound of music coming from a few doors down, knowing that Michael was probably dancing and would continue for many more hours I decided to just head to bed.

My body had never been so worn out. My stomach wasn't even that large yet my body was so exhausted all the time. I snuggled into the cool blankets of the bed and began to doze off.

I stood in a white void staring at my husband from afar. I could hear people chanting something although I couldn't figure out what they were saying. I began to step closer although my legs moved slowly, as if pushing against water.

"Michael?" I continued my walk to him. But no matter how much I walked he was still so far... why was he not answering me? "Michael!" I yelled a little louder and tried to jog but I just began jogging in place... then sprinting in place until I realized it was a lost cause and just stopped. "Michael..." I reached out to him. His head looked up, his hair down and tangled as if he hadn't brushed it in months. His face completely bare of any makeup. His under eye bags were dark and his shoulders drooped. "What's wrong?" I called out.

He then started to walk to me, but he was limping. He wasn't wearing his usual outfit, just a red silk robe. He stood just in front of me now. He looked so skinny... and almost hopeless. "What happened?" I stroked his soft face. His eyelids slowly closed and opened. He lifted his hands to touch my face. I could see bruises on his wrists, dark purple and swollen. Who did this to him?

I reached in to hug him but he was taken away from me. Pulled away and chained up. He now wore sweatpants and a t shirt. When did he change? Around his ankles were chains that kept him away from me. And his hands were handcuffed together. On his shirt read Inmate 6578. He was in jail. "Let him out of there." I whispered. The chanting grew louder now. Many people yelled from behind me. I turned around to see a rush of people beginning to run towards us. Towards Michael.

I sharp pain struck my stomach while a small trickle of water slid down my leg. My water broke. "Michael!" I yelped and tried to run to him. "The baby!" The baby was coming. I could feel it. "Michael!" He struggled against the cuffs and tried to get himself free. "Let him go! His baby is here!" I yelled and ran and ran and ran as fast as I could. Michael began to scream and writhe in the chains. Familiar people began to appear from behind him. Lawyers, judges and the Chandler family. They all held him back, locking him in place. "Let him go!!" I screamed, my throat began to get sore.

"I didn't do it! I didn't do it! Let me go please! Please! I need to see my baby! I didn't do it!" He yelled and wriggled in the grip of those evil people. My stomach began to cramp as I toppled over. "My baby! Penny! Penny please! Help me!" He cried and screamed, tears poured out of my eyes for the pain was too much.

"Penny." He whispered. "Penny you're okay." My eyes slowly opened and I was back in the hotel room. My pillow wet from my tears. "You're okay." Michael whispered and stroked my back. I had never been more happy to see him. I harshly pulled him into my chest and kissed his head while continuing to cry. I could hear his soft giggles in my chest while he tried to release himself from my grip. "It was just a nightmare." I looked into my eyes and wiped my wet cheeks. "You're okay."