Chapter 64: Too Kind

13 Weeks Pregnant

Penny-

I sat by the kitchen counter, picking at the bowl of fruit that sat in front of me. I had been trying to eat healthy but it was killing me. I walked to the pantry and searched for something, anything, that wasn't all natural and vegan. Michael always had to get the healthy shit. But of course, there was nothing. I popped another strawberry in my mouth and walked off into the bedroom.

My forehead was sweating a bit for I had just finished doing yoga. Since I couldn't be working out as hard as I could before I had begun to do yoga. I used to work out all the time in order to keep my body healthy and looking good for shows and shoots, but now I had to cut back.

I guessed Michael was in the recording studio or dancing but I honestly had no idea. I put on my bikini, which was too small on my boobs for they had been growing, and made my way to the hot tub. There was one inside that would be warmer since it was fall.

I dipped my feet in and then fully submerged my body. It felt so nice. The warmth making my muscles calm. I rested my hands just beneath my belly and submerged my shoulders in as well. Closing my eyes I was extremely relaxed.

I must've fallen asleep for when I heard the door creek open I jumped slightly. "Sorry." Michael whispered and began to take off his clothes. "Can I join you?" He stood across from me outside of the hot tub.

"Of course." I sat up a bit. I missed him. We hadn't had time to be together as much for he was always with lawyers or dancing.

He and his lawyers had been trying to finish the case. They were close but they had some more details to clear up. One of them being a search through Neverland. Which had been making Michael nervous. There was nothing he needed to hide but the thought of tons of police officers rummaging through his home made him nervous, I understood why.

He slowly sank down into his spot across from me. His skin splotched, his hair pinned back. We sat in silence.

"Are you upset with me?" He asked abruptly.

I furrowed my eyebrows "No. Why?"

"You seem angry and distant." He floated over to sit by me. I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"I'm not." He raised his eyebrows. "Okay maybe I've been distant. I just haven't been happy lately. My boobs hurt, my stomach is growing, I never get to see you, and I'm stuck here." My voice cracked. I looked down to my thighs my Michael drifted to kneel in front of me. His hands resting on my waist.

"Talk to me. What can I do to help?" His intense stare made me blush. Showing me so much care just after I had proposed that I was upset.

I huffed "Just stay with me." My hands moved around his shoulders and neck. He nodded and leaned in to peck my lips.

"Of course. I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately..." He began.

"No. It's okay. I understand why." I pulled at his ear.

"No it's not okay. I'm glad that you understand my career requires me to be away sometimes but you shouldn't have to settle for that. Not only do you deserve better but I miss you. I'll be around more. I promise." His eyes were wide and glistening against the warm light in the room.

No matter what was happening between us I always knew we would work it out. No matter who's fault it was it would always be okay in the end.

"Thank you." I kissed his forehead. "Is everything going okay with the case?"

My fingers pulled at his ears "As good as it could be I think." My eyes wandered across his precious face. "I'm so proud of you. You know that right?" He asked. My heart swelled while I blushed deeply. "You know that right?" He squeezed my thigh. I shrugged. I didn't really know that. In fact I never really thought of how Michael thought of me or what he thought of me. All I knew was that he loved me and I loved him and we couldn't live without each other. "You have been nothing but helpful over the past few months. And even if I'm short with you or stubborn, you always understand what I'm feeling and how to make it better." He paused. "Plus... you're literally our child as we speak. And you're doing it flawlessly." He smiled brightly. "For that I am very very proud of you."

My face blushing while he pulled me closer to him, hugging me. His lips connected to my shoulder while I squeezed his body close to mine.

That Night

I rubbed the lotion into my tummy while my hair dried in a towel. Michael came walking into the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, his hair dripping. I sat on the toilet, my legs getting tired.

I watched while Michael slipped on his boxers, then his pajama pants. My stomach dropped while he took his medication. Every time he swallowed a pill I would get nervous. The memories of his sleepless and painful nights rushing back through my mind. "You okay?" He grabbed his tooth brush.

"Just tired." I walked into the bedroom to slide under the covers. I curled into a ball while I felt Michaels weight rest on the bed. He turned off the lights but kept his side lamp on while he read.

It had been about a half hour and my mind was wandering. My eyes stayed open the whole time. Michael finally turned off his lamp and scooted closer to me. His arms wrapping around me while he pecked my cheek and laid his head against mine. "Why are you sad?" He whispered.

"I'm not sad." I corrected him.

"You sure?" His hand rubbed against my belly. I slowly nodded. He sighed and settled in, occasionally kissing my cheek and rubbing his thumb on my tummy. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I whispered and pushed my back closer to his warm body.

Morning

I sat on the messy bed. Michaels side empty, only covered in his squished pillows. I expected another regular day today. I would do nothing, Michael would be working. He would come home late, we would talk and then shortly after we would go to sleep. But of course Michael would be up early in the morning for he never did sleep much. And it would happen all over again.

But today when I stepped onto the cold floor I was greeted with a soft feeling against my toes. Rose petals. Soft red rose petals trailed outside the bedroom door. One thing Michael was good at was listening. If I told him I was unhappy he would fix it, if I told him I was lonely he would be there for me.

I opened the door and saw the trail of rose petals continued all the way down to the table in the kitchen, nearest to the window. Michael sat at the table, drinking orange juice and reading a book. He must've heard me coming for his head snapped up and waltz over to me.

"Good morning!" He kissed my forehead.

"What's all this?" I looked at all of the yummy food on the table. Cinnamon rolls, fruit, scrambled eggs, hash browns... my favorites.

"Breakfast!" He grabbed me a plate. His face glowed with happiness.

"But why all of this?"

He furrowed his eyebrows "Am I not allowed to treat my wife to a yummy breakfast?"

My heart swelled "Thank you Michael." I kissed his hand before grabbing a plate full of food. The smell in the room was almost as good as how the food tasted.

"I have a gift for you." He grabbed a small box from one of the empty chairs.

"Another?!" I said with a mouth full of eggs.

He sat it in front of me, his eyes wide and awake. The box was small and black. Inside laid a small golden chain, a bracelet. There was a little bar that had his nickname Stinky engraved in it. I couldn't help but giggle while he put it on my right wrist.

"Stinky." He said proudly while holding my hand out to see the bracelet on me.

"You're too kind to me." We heard shuffling out in the living room which made Michaels eyes squint. He ignored it and looked back into my eyes.

"You deserve it for everything you've gone through for me. I love you very-" He was cut off by Bill who ran into the room. I turned around to see his face ridden with worry.

"Michael the police are here." We both shot up from our seats. I looked at Michaels face and back at Bills'.

"What?!" Michael hissed.