Chapter 65: Lawyers

Penny-

"Mr. Jackson we have been given a search warrant to search your household for any evidence of these accusations the Chandlers have put against you. I believe you were warned about this day coming..." The officer put his hand on his belt. This whole situation made me extremely uncomfortable. There were so many of them. Why were there so many?

"My lawyer said that-" Michael began.

"Well here we are now. We will make this as short as possible." He ushered the others in. Michael stood there, helpless. We were supposed to get a heads up the day this was happening. Not to mention there were supposed to be half as many officers as there were now. "We will have to ask you to leave..." They grabbed a hold of his shoulder, pushing him roughly out of the front door. Then the officers eyes flashed towards me. Fear struck through my body for I hadn't ever been looked at this way. It looked as though this man could rip my arm off just by his stare. "Mam..." He grabbed my upper arm.

His hand squeezed so hard I could feel my blood pulsating "Ouch..." He pushes me out the door. I could hear the officers saying nasty things by a about Michael from behind me. "Ow!" He yanked me around until ran into Michael.

"Don't do that to her!" Michael pulled me away from him. The man reminded me of Jake, I hated it.

"We'll be done shortly." He slammed the front doors.

There Michael and I stood, on the front porch of our house, completely and utterly helpless. Michael rubbed my back "Are you hurt?" I shook my head. "They could've gone about that much more peacefully. You're sure you're okay?" I adjusted my sweatshirt and nodded. My heart ached. When I stared into Michaels eyes it almost made me want to cry. Fear, pain, and guilt was ridden all over his precious face. "Let's take a walk." He grabbed my hand.

We walked in silence down the road, our hands swinging. I was only wearing slippers and pajamas. "What if they see the nursery?"

"They won't say anything. They won't say anything unless it has to do with the allegations." He stared straight ahead.

"They could find a way." I pried.

"I'll sue them if they do." He began to get more upset. "It's nobody's business but ours and our families." I could see he felt defeated, as did I. "I'm gonna miss my appointment." He mumbled. His appointment.

He had phone calls with his therapist about how he had been doing and feeling. They had gotten less and less for he was doing good. He was healing very well. Part of the reason was because he knew he had a child coming into the world soon. He wanted to be the best father there could ever be, so he had to work on himself.

"This will all be over soon. Im sure it will." He weakly smiled. Michael bit his lip making me cringe for whenever he bit his lip he was nervous. He had some news I wouldn't want to hear.

"Penny the Chandlers are asking for a great deal of money..." He brought up.

"Yeah. And?"

"My lawyers have been thinking about having me pay them... what they want. Settling the case." I stopped walking. Michael glanced to me nervously.

"Do you know how guilty that will make you look?"

He huffed. "I know... but I can't do this anymore. I'm so tired of it. And I don't want my baby to be born when I'm fighting accusations of being a pedophile. I'm not going to do that." He pulled me to walk with him again. He had a point, I understood why he felt this way. I always understood why he felt the way he felt. But it didn't mean I agreed with him.