Chapter 4: Heated

I didn't realize how short the chapters are! I am going to try to make them longer so I'm not slacking.

Penny-

The bright sun glared through my window waking me. I sighed remembering I wasn't in New York. Sitting up on my bed I look outside to see Michael drinking orange juice in his backyard. I giggle and immediately decide I'm going to see him today.

I put on a white tank top and flowered skirt and put my hair in a low messy braid. Staring in the mirror I look tired and puffy. I wash my face, brush my teeth. My boobs looked good in this shirt. I smiled at myself hoping Michael would notice.

Wait-

Hoping he would notice my boobs? What am I doing? He's just a friend. What am I thinking? I shake my head, continuing to curl my eyelashes and get ready for the day.

I rush downstairs to grab a bite to eat.

"Hi honey! How was your day yesterday?" My mother greeted me.

"It was good mom, I met Michael. He's really sweet." I began to blush. My mom squinted her eyes at me.

"Just sweet huh? Not handsome, funny, dare I say hot?"

My eyes widened at my mom "Mom what are you saying? He was nice that's all."

"Well you're the one who blushed when mentioning him. Next thing you know you'll come home with a ring on your finger and a baby bump." She shrugged.

My mouth was open and I couldn't believe what she was saying. "Mom you know I'm not going to date the kid I just want a friend! And I haven't ever had sex why do you think I'm going to do it with a random kid across the street?"

My mother giggled patting me in the back.

"Well I'm going over to see Mic-" I didn't finish my sentence. I was afraid she would open her mouth about him again.

"Michael?"

"No. Im going to see his sisters. He was telling me about them yesterday." No he wasn't. He never talked about his family. Why am I lying? What am I trying to hide?

"Okay honey. Have fun."

I slipped on my white Reebok's and headed outside to the gate that joined Michael and my yard.

"Michael!" I yelled in hopes of him seeing me.

"Penny!" He squealed back. I loved hearing his soft voice. He was very peaceful to be around.

"Hey girl. I'm glad I didn't scare you off." I scrunched my nose as he reached over the fence to tickle my neck.

"You don't scare me." I opened the gate.

"Well with the whole incident yesterday I was afraid you would never want to talk to me again."

"Oh shut up don't act like you've never seen underwear before. You've seen it all, you're Michael Jackson." He shakes his head in response to my comment.

"Oh pish. I'm 18 it's not like I do drugs every night."

I began to giggle as I ran into his backyard.

"Nice yard. The flowers smell great. Did your mom plant those?"

"Yeah she loves sunflowers, they are my favorite too."

I began to fan myself. The California sun is so bright.

"You hot?"

I glared at him. Did he just call me hot?