Chapter 36: Its Over

Penny-

"Come on baby, it'll be fun!" Jake whined as I sat down next to him by the kitchen counter.

"You know what happened last time I went to the club with you. Everyone harassed me! I'm not doing it again." I bit into a baby carrot.

"Come on! All you ever do is just hang out with Michael. Spend time with your husband. Please..."

"Jake-"

I heard Michael walking towards the kitchens "Hey guys! What do you want to do today?" His sweet voice rang through the big kitchen, his hand rubbing my back.

"I want Penny to come to the club with me but..."

"Jake I'm not going okay? I don't like clubs! Go by yourself it's not like you've never done that before." I grabbed a couple more carrots and rushed out of the kitchen. I heard Michael chat with Jake a bit as I curled up on the couch. About ten minutes passed and Michael joined me.

"Are you okay?" He hummed.

"Yeah. He does this all the time." Michael grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I tried to focus on the TV but I had a hard time because Jake was stomping around preparing to leave for the club.

"So you're just gonna go then?" I yelled back to Jake.

"Yup." And then the door slammed.

"Ugh! I swear to god I am about to pick up divorce papers."

"Be my guest." Michael whispered under his breath. I giggled and looked at his sweet face, smooth and angelic. "What?" He blushed.

"You just make me so much happier than he does. Everything you do just... beats everything that Jake does."

"Do you wanna watch a movie in my room? It's comfier and I can tell you look exhausted." He quickly changed the subject.

"Sure." I squeaked as we got up to go to his room. My bare feet began to cool against the cold wood floor. I jumped up into the bed as Michael searched for a movie. He put in Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure.

"You got that movie already?"

"Yeah... I have my ways." He laid next to me on the bed.

I leaned over to him and rested my head on his shoulder, his arm wrapped around my body as I pulled a blanket over us. We watched the rest of the movie silently, just enjoying each other's presence for tomorrow was the last day together. I found myself dozing off a bit towards the end of the movie.

Michael got up to put the tape away, startling me awake. "I'm sorry did I wake you?" I looked outside and it was dark, I was sure Jake was still at the club.

"It's okay." I patted the spot next to me, inviting him to lay there. "I'm always sleepy." I giggled as he laid on his side looking towards me. His red sweatshirt swallowing his lean body up. He reached over to tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear, then caressing my face with his soft fingers.

"Go to sleep." He whispered and kissed my forehead. I snuggled into his warm body, he held me tight. I looked up to watch his face, which happened to me watching me. I smirked as he leaned in to kiss my lips. His hands roaming around my hips as I crawled to sit on his lap. He slightly groaned as the kiss grew more intense.

Michael-

I had wanted to do this for so long. But not this way. I didn't want her to cheat on her husband for me. She began to slowly grind against my lap as she kissed down my neck. My breathing quickened, "P-Penny wait." I scooched myself up the bed so she was sitting on my lap rather than laying on top of me.