Chapter 55: Heartbreak

February 1993
The Day Of The Oprah Winfrey Interview

Penny-

Michaels hand brushed against my waist. I cozied myself further into his chest. The sound of birds chirping was muffled through the bay window. His soft heartbeat made mine flutter. He wore red silk pajamas, I wore a thong and t shirt (the comfiest thing to wear to bed tbh).

He rustled in his sleep, turning to his side and almost squishing me in the process. He was a heavy sleeper once he finally fell asleep. I turned to have my back to his stomach, his hand squeezing me closer to him. Although I loved being this close to him, I was getting antsy. I wriggled out from under his grip to walk over the the bay window. I tossed the Mickey Mouse stuffed animal on the floor and sat, looking out into the yard.

"Good morning." His husky voice echoed through the room. I flipped around to look at him, all cuddled up with the comforter. His hair as messy as ever. His adorable splotched skin making my heart nearly melt.

"Good morning." I hopped on the bed, resting on my knees and staring at his tired face as he woke. "Today's the day." My hand cupped his warm chin. I could hear his soft breathing.

"Today's the day." He repeated softly, his eyes drifting in and out of sleep.

"Wake up!" I bounced on the bed. "Come on I'm bored!" I dragged his body around the bed by his hands. He flopped around, I began to tickle his feet that were covered with white socks.

"S-stop, stop!" He cackled and grabbed my hands.

"We have to get up." I yanked him to a seating position. "Usually you're the one waking me up."

"Well I'm tired. I didn't get much sleep last night." He fell forward to rest his head on my shoulder.

"Are you nervous?" My hands scratched at his back.

"No, I don't know. No I'm not." I kissed the top of his head.

"Then let's get going Stinky." He looked up, his adorable button nose shiny and clean. His hand reached up to cradle my face before he kissed me. He held himself up by resting on his elbow while I bent over so our lips could join together. My fingers laced into his hair, his hand cupping my jaw. I backed away to look at his tired face. He sank back down into my lap, his head dangling as he played dead. I giggled before taking a moment to appreciate his beauty. My fingers traced his Adam's apple, then moved to his jaw, cheekbones, lips. "You're so handsome." A small smile grew on his face. I lifted up his shirt to blow a raspberry on his tummy. He giggled at the noise it made, his eyes opening to see me stare at him.

"I love you." He sat up.

"I love you too." I climbed off of the bed and walked to the closet. I slipped on some ripped mom jeans, a white button up blouse, and a black blazer to wear. Michael was washing his face when I walked into the bathroom. I brushed through my hair as the classical music that he put on blasted into the bedroom. He always played his music so loud. He hummed and shifted around to the music before he got dressed. He wore his red CTE shirt and black pants.

A few hours later Karen has finished Michaels hair and makeup. He wore a wig that was parted off to the side. His hair lightly waved and voluminous, he looked great.

Hours Later
Before The Beginning Of The Interview

"You'll do great." I hugged and kissed his cheek before I slipped on my black heeled boots. "Oprah it was nice to meet you." I shook her hand, she was very short.

I had a meeting to go to but I was to be back before the end of the interview. It was still early in the day so I had plenty of time.

"You'll be back before it's over?" His soft hand caressed mine.