Chapter 58:Big Changes

The Next Day
September 16th

Penny-

I rubbed my eyes and stepped out of my childhood bedroom.

"Tim? I need to go to the grocery store." I walked down the stairs, into the kitchen. He sat at the table eating cereal. My parents welcomed him to anything in the house. He nodded and set his dish in the sink. "But I need you to buy what I need. I cant be seen buying it."

"What is it?" He grabbed the car keys while we walked out of the house.

I shut the door behind me and adjusted my jean jacket. I stared at him, curiosity written all over his face. "A pregnancy test."

His mouth dropped "Oh my gosh. Congratulations Mrs. Jackson."

"Well I don't know yet... can we just go?" I rushed towards the car.

My stomach ached the whole way there. Tim went into the store, I watched him through the glass. He checked out and walked back towards the car, he was blushing a bit. "Here ya go." He placed it in my lap. The box pink with Pregnancy Test written on the front.

"Can I ask you something?" I said.

He pulled out of the grocery store parking lot. "Anything."

I bit my lip "Should I tell Michael? Right now? Even though he's going through everything that he's going through?" He wondered. "That is if I am pregnant."

I read the instructions "I don't think it would be a bad thing to tell him. It would make him feel great actually. But excuse me if this sounds harsh, it's a pretty bad time to be pregnant with Michael Jacksons baby."

I chuckled, no hard feelings taken. "I know. That's why I'm scared as hell." We reached the house. "Wish me luck." I walked upstairs.

"Good luck." He said reluctantly.

I drank the cup of water and pulled my pants down, now sitting on the toilet. This isn't how I wanted this to happen. At all. I pulled the pink plastic tip off the end and peed on the white stick. I put the plastic top back on, washed my hands, and say on the toilet seat.

Five minutes.

This was already the longest five minutes of my entire life.

Michael would obviously be happy when I told him. Right? Of course he would he wants a baby so bad.

Four minutes.

Holy fuck this is so long.

I tapped my toe, the cold tile stinging my feet. Imagine what the media would say. We would have to hide it for awhile wouldn't we? What if the trial kept going when I gave birth? No it couldn't be that long, gosh that would be a total nightmare.

Three minutes.

Hurry up!

What if Michael didn't want a child anymore? What if this whole ordeal made him scared of children? No. Michael loves children. He would never do that to our baby. Our baby... I like the sound of that.

Two minutes.

Holy shit slow down! I don't want to look.

I scrunched my face, my stomach gurgling. I hope Michael is doing well. I cant wait to see him. Just imagine the look in his face when I tell him I'm pregnant. If I am pregnant. Do I want to be pregnant right now? Imagine how bad that will hurt. Imagine how my body will look.

One minute.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

30 seconds.