VII || Giving In

‚I'm sorry...' I apologised quickly, switching from sitting on the table to the chair in front of it, taking the picture and hiding it slightly under my arms. I didn't even know why I did that, he probably had already seen it. I didn't want to check. My eyes were glued to my lap.. how could I look at Hyunjin now after what just happened, what I just did... I told him to stay away from me and the next thing I do is to jump up and kiss him, because someone doubted our fake relationship? Just what on earth was wrong with me, what happened to the Han that didn't care a single bit about that blonde prince.. The night had meant nothing... This kiss just now had meant nothing... It had meant nothing.. all of it.. right..?

But... he was all up in my head, my mind producing pictures of him that my former -probably straight- self would classify as borderline.. no.. completely out of my damn mind.

Even worse were the thoughts back to that night, that were still all up in my head and made just sitting in front of him almost unbearable.

__________

‚Today again.. something is odd about you..' Minhyun wondered, staring at me. ‚I mean... you're always lying on your table but today you look like something's troubling you...? No, if I'm really honest, it's been two weeks of you, slumping around like this, Squirrel. You look kind of horrible..? Just making sure, you do know that something like sleep exists, right?'

‚Thank you for your nice words.. but It's nothing.. And yes I do know that sleep exists.. not my fault if it won't come to me..' I said, snapping back out of my head, from the now usual things that crossed my mind, even if he wasn't even in the class room yet.. Is that what being haunted feels like?

‚When you say nothing, there's always something. Nothing's simply something for you. So what is it.' She poked my arm. ‚Spit it out, Squirrel.'

I sighed, giving in to her, cause I knew she would never let it slip.. she would keep pestering me about it for the next decade. That's just her type.

‚My friend..' I began, telling her from the cause of all this mess.. that damn one night I had agreed on.. that damn one night that shouldn't have meant anything.. ‚he actually isn't into boys, but he met someone that likes him.'

‚And? So What?' She wasn't impressed by my story yet.

‚So ... you see... they've met up once... the boy that likes my friend kissed him and they kinda started making out.. and.. then he suddenly became... well... you know... excited... arou-‚ Now she had that too-much-information-look on her face.

‚I know what you mean.. continue..'

‚Well...uh.. they ended up sleeping with each other..' Her eyes widened slightly, like saying: You did what?! ‚though my friend didn't plan it at all... He went into it, saying he wouldn't sleep with the boy.. but he just got...kind of.. overwhelmed with his... feelings I guess... So one lead to the other.. Anyways ..now he's confused, why he or his body reacted that way, when he actually doesn't even like boys.. and surely isn't attracted to them..'

Minhyun thought for a moment, after having caught herself again from the shocking news, piecing my words together in her head.

‚First of all .. at some point -not that I'm an expert on this- I think it's a natural reaction of your body-‚

‚Ya, I said it's about my friend not me..' I complained.

‚Of course.. so I think at some point it's a natural reaction of your friend's body to these kinds of acts..' She corrected herself..