XLV || Kinda Broken

‚How much did you hear?' I asked quietly, when I had calmed down again.

‚I heard it all.. I woke up when your father brought me the blanket.. I just didn't want to interrupt. How are you feeling?'

He leaned back again taking my hand in his, slightly caressing it.

‚I don't know.. I just really don't know. I want to be angry..-

-..I want to hate him for what he did to us.. but he seemed so different today.. he was like the father I knew from when my mother was still alive. But... I don't want this new woman to become my new mother.. I don't want a new mother .. I..'

He placed a light kiss into my palm.

‚She's not your mother, she's just the woman your father loves. If you don't want to, she has nothing to do with you, you don't have to call her mother or step mother or whatsoever. She's just the wife of your father and your mom is still your mom.' Another light peck, this time on my cheek. ‚And I would gladly come with you if you decide to meet them. If you want me to be there, I'll be there.' He placed a third peck onto the tip of my nose. ‚I know that how you and your father parted ways makes it hard to forgive. I'm not telling you that you have to forgive him... but I also don't like it to see your relationship to your father be so... bad.. I say this cause I never really had a happy family either.. out of.. different ..reasons.. I just always wished it could become better... I know, I have my brother, who's always there for me ..but ... my..' He shook his head slightly. ‚Story for a different day. Anyways I think meeting them might be a good idea. It's a start to fix something again that was broken. They're not trying to replace anything.'

I blinked some times, listening to him.

‚My father was right about something..' I mumbled quietly, kinda wanting to change the topic as I couldn't really give an answer yet. I haven't even completely realised what happened the last half an hour.. not to speak of managing my feelings.. they were all over the place.. I needed a break from serious topics.. I really did.

‚Huh?' I pulled his hand close, nuzzling my cheek into it, liking its warmth against my skin.

‚My mom really would have liked you.. no.. she would have loved you.. I'm sure. She would have treated you like her second son, never letting you go without taking at least five boxes of side dishes with you, always wanting you stay over when the sun had set, always welcoming you with a warm hug and an equally warm cup of tea, always scolding me that I should treat you right and don't lose you. She would have even loved Kkami, cause she also had had a dog when she was a little girl.'

‚Do you want to say with that, that you don't love Kkami?' He teased.

‚He wants to eat me, I'm sure. I'm not loving someone that wants to eat me.' I grumbled.

Hyunjin smirked suddenly. ‚Then what if I want to? Would you stop loving me then?'

I chuckled equally flirty, and painful... cause boy..my ribs... at this point I wished they were detachable. ‚You wish, you just try to make me stop loving you, this won't be an easy task. Technically.. the car would have needed to be faster for that.'

His eyes softened. ‚Ya.. don't joke around about dying, I was really terrified earlier.'

‚Alright.. but isn't that what they say when you marry someone, until death do us part?'

‚Marry?' To see how his eyes widened made me chuckle again, which I regretted as it still hurt, but I couldn't help it either.

‚What's with that face, it's not like I just proposed to you or anything.'