XIV || Handsome Devil

‚That's all my stuff... my life fits in three boxes.' I laughed looking around the now empty room and blank shelfs. It was strange, but at the same time exciting. I was finally able to leave.

I could finally leave my old life behind me and start over. I had always thought, when I would reach this point, I would be alone. Never had I thought that I would have someone by my side. Someone, that was important to me, so important that he had become my new life.

We both picked up one of the boxes wanting to carry them outside as suddenly the front door opened, my father standing in the door frame with dark eyes.

‚Ready to leave are we?' He said when I placed down my box, his voice as dark as his eyes. Hyunjin walked up next to me, also placing down his box. That they were meeting for the first time now, made a bad feeling well up inside my stomach and I hated it.

‚So that is your boyfriend...' He eyed Hyunjin with a brow raised in poisonous judgement.

‚I'm Hwang Hyunjin.' He said bowing slightly. Even knowing what kind of person my father was, he was still polite. A trait I couldn't praise myself with.. my temper was worse.

‚At least he has manners... not like you.. you must've been absent when they taught those.'

My hands clenched into fists. Who had been responsible to teach them.. huh?

‚Would you be so kind to step aside, so that we can leave.' I grumbled, trying to suppress my anger.

‚You want to leave already? But I've just got the honour to finally meet the one that turned my son into a gay bas-‚

I wanted to launch forward, my fist ready, but Hyunjin caught me, holding me back.

‚Watch it, Han Jisung.' The old man dared, while I still struggled to get out of Hyunjin's grip on me. He only let go, when I had calmed down. Still furious I picked up the box again, forcefully pushing past my father, Hyunjin following close behind me. I had to get back inside for the third box though...

‚I'll go.' Hyunjin suggested, but I stepped in front of him.

‚You can forget that I let you go inside, while he's there. You wait, I'll go.' First he looked like he wanted to complain but decided not to in the end.

I went back inside, straight into my room grabbing the third box without acknowledging my father and his comments about me until...

‚If he grows his hair a little more, there wouldn't be much missing to a girl..' My father snapped, next to me. I stopped on my way back out, my grip on the box tightened, my knuckles bright white, jaw tense, teeth gritted.

‚Have you mistaken him for a girl and that's why you started fucking him or-‚

‚SHUT UP!' I shouted, the box falling to the ground when I launched towards him, facing him without fear. ‚I won't let you talk shit about him!'

‚I told you to watch how you're talking with me, brat!' I couldn't stop myself if someone was insulting the one I loved. I wasn't intimidated just because he was an adult. It didn't matter to me if he beat me again..

‚I won't. You can't tell me what I'm supposed to do, you can't tell me who I am supposed to love and you can't stop me from leaving.'

I could see the muscles of his jaw working.. this scary anger was welling up inside of him again.

‚What would your mother say, when she would see what has become of you.'

I froze, my eyes darkening further. Out of all the persons he was the last one that was allowed to mention her.