LXII || Said Words, Broken Hearts

‚You know... many think having Money and might is what gives you happiness in life.. but.. those two things can be the most frightening things that are out there..'

[That day]

‚Who is that guy? What was he doing.. here.. with you..' His mother's voice was cold as ice.

‚He's my boyfriend, mum.' He said even though he was shaking.

‚He's what?!'

‚My boyfriend..' He took a deep breath before he went on.. ‚I'm... gay.'

She slapped him across his face for saying that. His eyes started watering up, the taste of iron spreading in his mouth.

His father just watched quietly at the side the whole time, while his mother's eyes darkened further. The air so thick that you could possibly cut it with a knife.

‚Hyunjin..' She was literally shaking in anger, fuming.. ‚What's your last name?'

He gulped. ‚Hwang..'

‚Right.. Hwang.. the Hwang family has no gay sons..' He subconsciously backed a little away from her words.. his eyes glued to the floor. ‚Hwang Hyunjin... We are .. IN THE MIDDLE OF ATTENTION.' She started shouting now. ‚AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Fooling around with men!' Even if he wasn't looking at her, he could feel her eyes burning into him. ‚Do you want to ruin EVERYTHING WE'VE WORKED FOR?!'

We.. What a big word, when she was talking about things he didn't even want to be part of.. Her world wasn't his world .. and he never wanted to be part of it..

‚We didn't let you live alone, only so that you can fool around with men behind our backs!' By now he had backed away until his back had hit the wall.

‚I wasn't fooling around.. I love him..' He mumbled barely audible.

‚You will never see that ill bastard again!'

Hyunjin's eyes widened, his hands clenching into fists, making his knuckles look bright white. His mother's words... they were piercing right into his heart like a thousand needles... he couldn't hold back when she was talking like this about the one he loved... the one that made him happy, the one he wanted by his side.. so.. He broke.. and he might regret that later.. ‚Han's not ill! Loving someone is not a disease!' He raised his head, to look at her.. straight into her eyes. They were burning in anger. ‚I love him.' He added nonetheless.

Her eyebrows sank deep. ‚That's it..' She was done with him. ‚You should know that I'm deeply disappointed in you, Hyunjin. You never were like this..' His feelings didn't matter to her. ‚..we shouldn't have let you live on your own..' In her eyes he was just ill.. out of his mind.. ‚You will come with us, pack your things, we're leaving tomorrow.' She turned to her husband. ‚Call someone to get his stuff..'

‚I'm not leaving.' Hyunjin said, not wanting to give in. ‚I'm not leaving him. He-‚

‚Oh you will.' She turned back to him, her eyes dark once more ...if they had ever lightened in the first place.. ‚That boy.. he looked like he was the same age as you, I assume he's also in the same class or at least school as you..' His heart sank, his body started to shake even more than before. And.. his reaction was enough for her to know that she was right. ‚One call from me will be enough to get him kicked out.. and if that is still not enough, then I can surely come up with more things I can do.. everything's possible if you can pay enough.. you don't want to be responsible for ruining his life, don't you?' She mustered him from top to bottom. As he said nothing -too shocked and panicked to even think about words to say- she got out her phone... that's when Hyunjin did the only thing he could think of to stop her..