LXIII || Our Moment

‚Right... so where are we going?'

‚I said you'll see.'

‚And I said where are we going?'

Hyunjin sighed, almost having forgot how annoyingly persistent I could be.

‚You should know that photographing became somewhat a hobby of mine.'

‚#passionatephotographer, yeah I know. But that's not the answer to my question.'

Sighing again he pointed at something in front of us.

‚This is...' 

He turned my head to look further up. ‚Namsan?!'

I turned back to him with wide eyes. ‚You wanted to go to this cheesy place only for couples?'

‚What are we?'

‚A couple...'

‚Smart Quokka..'

‚Stop sounding like Minho...' His smile became brighter. Usually saying Minho's name would have had the opposite effect.

‚Come on, Ji, I wanna take photos from up there!'

‚AH! So you wanna go there for the view...I see' not for the couple stuff... my heart that had started to beat faster a moment ago, slowly gained back a normal pace. Fortunately he wasn't planning on outing us in front of a shit ton of people up there.. In front of our friends, ok. Halmeoni, ok.. in the school isle ... ok maybe. But up there, that couple spot where every second person could point a camera at you...

The view is great though, he was right about that, especially at night it was stunning. At least that's what I've heard. No one will get me to look at it myself.. it's just too high..

We took the elevator to the top of Namsan tower, goosebumps spreading all over as we reached the top. Hyunjin immediately went over to the railing, his wide eyes reflecting the million lights of the city down below, sparkling in awe of the view. His mind was so taken aback that it took some minutes until he noticed that I hadn't followed him but kept a safe distance from the edge.

‚Jisung-ah?'

‚Don't even try.. you won't get me over there...You know very well that I'm afraid of heights...' I mumbled. ‚I can see the view well from here....'

‚It's alright, nothing will happen, I'm here.'

I shook my head again, he still didn't give up.

‚I'll hold you, you're safe.' He held out his hand while he was shouting over to me over the noise of the other people... which were a lot... some were already looking at us. ‚Jisung-ah..trust me.' He put on a heartbreaking pout. ‚You won't fall, you don't have to be afraid. I'm right by your side.'

Refusing had no use.. Gulping I took a few steps towards him until I could get a hold of his hand and he pulled me the rest of the way. I clawed onto his arm, my eyes closed. Hyunjin chuckled as he saw the scared mess that was me.

‚Open your eyes, it's really beautiful.' His voice said close to my ear after he had adjusted my position at the railing, his arms around my waist. Another gulp, my Adam's apple bobbing hard, as I finally opened my eyes. My first instinct was to look down, but he caught my chin before I could. ‚Not down, to the front.'

The million city lights looked from the very edge like a sea of light, some lights sparkling like stars, millions of colours mixing and dancing at the horizon.