LXVI || Loved Friend

A thought suddenly crossed Hyunjin's mind.. one that seemed rather .. well.. unfamiliar to him. Would it be crazy to just ask something like that? What if he was wrong? You don't just ask something like that out of the blue..

He did anyways, as Minho probably wouldn't tell him on his own and he couldn't explain him writing such lyrics otherwise.. or any of his behaviour in the moment.

‚Do you like me?' 

‚You're my best friend, of course I like you.' Minho quickly said, trying to sound normal.. though the pace of his heart made that difficult.. he wasn't calm at all. He had completely frozen in motion by now, making Hyunjin even more suspicious about his behaviour. And also.. making his question more plausible. Even if Minho was acting weird sometimes.. this was beyond his normal level.. So he tried again.

‚I don't mean it like that.. I mean .. do you like me.. you know' The younger would have never believed that he would ever ask that. '... as more than a friend?'

‚I..' The brunette was brutally caught off guard. His heart beating so fast in his chest, echoing in his ears, he found himself at a loss of words. Well.. except the words he couldn't possibly say now.. could he? He had kept it for himself for so long.. would everything get out now?

‚Please, Minho, be honest with me.' Hyunjin had put down his chopsticks by now, only focussing on the boy in front of him.

‚I..' Minho's cheeks had heated up.. and he was sure Hyunjin had noticed that..

‚Minho you're acting strange..'

What other option did he have left now.. He wasn't getting out of this.. and .. he didn't want to lie.. not again.. not after he regretted not telling them for over three years now.. It was now or never.

‚I-I.. do..I like you... as... more..' He finally got out.

Though Hyunjin had tried to prepare himself a little for the answer, he was still taken aback when it actually came. Minho liked him.. Something he would have never expected.. like really never.. but looking back.. it would explain so many things.. Why he suddenly wanted to kiss him earlier was just one of many... it would explain so much..except for one thing in particular.

‚Then..' He had become quieter. ‚What about Jisung? You liked him once..'

‚I still do..'

He still did?? Now Hyunjin was even more taken aback..

Minho had raised his head to look at the other. If he was already confessing, he should at least get himself together and look at him...do it right. Where was his signature confidence? He took a deep breath before he continued. ‚I .. like both of you...no.. I love you... I love you and Han.. actually I love you already for a long time now...'

‚You.. I...' Hyunjin didn't know what to say, he didn't know how to react. He was afraid that whatever he said... he would say something wrong.. He didn't want to hurt Minho, but he also didn't want to give him false hopes.. He didn't know what to do.. In the end.. everything he said would hurt him.. false hopes as well as the truth..

‚Hyunjin..' The brunette started as he saw the other struggle to find words to say. ‚You don't have to say anything. I know you don't feel the same.. You don't have to.. I know you love Han..and only him..' He had never expected anything different..

That was it..

The unspoken answer: Minho would never have a chance in that way.. his love would stay one sided.