LXVIII || Hate That I Love You

‚Instead of saying goodbye.. could you kiss me one last time before I go?' I was surprised at first about his question, before I noticed his eyes nervously eyeing the people around us. He was probably thinking that I was uncomfortable about it, kissing him in public, but.. we were already like this... it didn't matter anymore anyways. And after yesterday, I had started to simply just not care. I loved him, everyone shall know that I do.

‚Why are you even asking..' With that I leaned up, kissing him til the end of my lung's capacity. None of us said goodbye, because this wasn't a goodbye. This parting wasn't forever. He would come back.

My hand reached up to my lips as I looked after him, his taste still lingered on them as well as a slightly numb feeling. I held onto it all my way home. It kept my tears back until I reached the front door to my apartment. They started flowing again right there and then. At least they did for a small moment, before I opened the door and was immediately pulled into someone's arms. I knew those arms.. They had held me quite a lot in the past years.

‚Not again...' Minho grumbled, but I separated from him again, a slight smile on my lips.

‚I'm fine, Minho.'

‚Says the crying Quokka...You sure?'

‚This is a different parting than back then.'

‚Even so, he still asked me to take care of you.'

‚Not just you, Minho. We're all here to help him get over with this day.' Changbin's voice sounded behind Minho. I didn't even notice before that my house was invaded by several people. Minho had the door code, as this was kinda his second home sometimes.. he probably let them in... no.. he planned all of this for sure.

‚I know you haven't eaten anything today, Han-ah. So instead of going out to eat we brought it with us and waited for you. We weren't sure if you wanted chicken or pizza, so we just got both... and kinda a lot of it..' Chan said after Minho and I joined them around the table -and of course after I had wiped my tears.. On my way over though, I had stopped for a short moment staring at something on top of a shelve on the wall. So he had framed the pictures after all. He had put them right there so I would see them when I got home. There were the photos we took in the booth (the presentable ones), the ones in which I was kissing him in front of that giant heart and the ones he took of us at the railing, with a glittering skyline behind us. I couldn't keep myself from smiling. Framed they looked even better... he was even more beautiful. Minho had noticed my look stopping too.

‚Stop looking at them, you can do that when I'm not here... I'm already jealous to the brim..' He grumbled and chuckled at the same time, pulling me over to Chan and Changbin, that were already waiting.

‚Thank you guys.'

‚No thanks needed.' Chan grinned.

‚That's what friends are for.' Minho added, with that warm smile, which he wasn't showing to just anyone. All of them had that smile.. the smile that told you that you're loved. It was healing.

Suddenly someone knocked at the front door, just before we were about to start eating.

‚Did you invite more people?' I asked Minho, who had gotten up to open the door.

‚Just one more.' The apartment door opened and closed again. Minho joined the circle of friends again, with another boy right behind him. He had casual black hair and was greeting us all with a kind smile.

‚Seungmin, nice to see you.' Chan greeted the boy. He hadn't joined us often before, but enough times to know him.

Seungmin's smile widened as he sat down with us. ‚Minho suddenly called me over. Is this a sleepover or something?' My eyes shot to Minho, who avoided my look consequently. He called Seungmin over on his own? Something's fishy..