LI || Healing Slowly

[some days later]

It took us some time to arrive here, the place I thought I would never go to.. It was located in a completely different area of Seoul than we were living in.

‚You ready?' Hyunjin asked as we stood in front of the unfamiliar house, where my „new family" was living inside. I actually had decided to meet them.. not just cause Hyunjin said I should consider it.. you could say I was also kinda curious who could've changed my father so drastically. So I had called my father and told him that I would come, it was very awkward to say the least. The call had consisted of: I'm coming to the dinner. I'm happy to hear that. When did you plan it? Saturday at six. Send me the address.. end of call. What a conversation.

But I didn't tell him I would take Hyunjin along. He said he could come, so I didn't ask again. My father must expect it anyways.

‚No.' not at all, like .. no, can we leave again?

‚Then let's go.' He pushed the door bell before I could stop him. 

‚Ya I said I wasn't ready.' 

Damn it...

‚You never would've been..' He just said placing his hand kinda reassuringly onto my shoulder. After a short moment we could hear voices from inside.

‚Yongbok-ah, would you open the door, that must be Han!' The voice of a woman sounded, a deeper one from a boy answering. ‚On my way!'

Soon after the front door was opened by a blonde boy with freckles and a bright smile. We weren't able to say anything when he turned back into the house. ‚Mum, who of them is my stepbrother? The super handsome model or the handsome one with the broken arm?'

I couldn't stop my mouth from falling open slightly... at least he had taste and was honest enough to leave Hyunjin (and me) rather speechless in just a few seconds. ‚The handsome one with the broken arm..' I said quietly, but loud enough to gain back his attention. It's like the sun was shining right at you when he was smiling.

‚So you must be Han Jisung then?' I nodded. ‚I'm Yongbok, Lee yongbok. Or just call me Felix. My mum and your dad are in the kitchen, preparing dinner you know.' I had the feeling that there was a slight accent when he was talking.

‚And you are?' He turned to Hyunjin.

‚Oh, I'm Jisung's boyfriend, Hwang Hyunjin.' He introduced himself with a bright smile.

‚Woah.. Hyung, you got yourself a really handsome boyfriend here, you two look great together.' Hyunjin and I looked at each other for a moment.

‚Do we..?' I asked rather myself than anyone. Felix answered nonetheless.

‚I'm serious, the vibes you two send off is K-Drama material.. but Hyung.. is it Hyung? You're older than me, right?' I just shrugged, I didn't know either. ‚I just call you hyung.. So what did you do to your arm? Looks painful.' I was kinda taken aback by his whole attitude. Our parents didn't even marry yet, but he was already full on treating me like his brother. It surprised me.. and in the first moment it felt odd, but I slowly started to like it.. kinda.. Maybe it was because he was the first one to say that Hyunjin and I looked great together and wasn't weirded out that we were a couple in the first place.

‚I-‚

‚You know, tell me inside, it's getting cold here..' He chuckled waving us inside the house. We took off our shoes, Hyunjin helping me with my jacket, hanging it up on the hanger, where I could already see the jacket that belonged to my father. Was he living here already, or did he just visit..? I haven't heard from him in ages.. so I didn't know. I didn't know anything at all.