XXV || In Your Arms

Hyunjin was still occupied putting on his shoes. I crouched down next to him nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck. ‚Now you smell like me..' I mumbled, my voice muffled by the thick fabric of the hoodie.

‚Yeah.. smells like squirrel..'

‚Ya!' My head shot up to him again, as he got up from the ground heading to the door.

‚Ya, Hyunjin-ssi!' I called out quickly following down to the cafeteria. 

‚I'll get us some breakfast you go look for the others.' I pushed him forward, before he could complain, then grabbed two trays. Working behind the counter were the same ajummas as all the other days. I had to clear up that the second tray was for my friend and not me intending to get two portions for myself.. With filled plates and bowls I looked around trying to spot my friends. They sat at the usual table near the windows already waving at me. I navigated my way towards them placing one tray in front of Hyunjin, before I sat down on the seat across from him. He wanted to start to eat, his chopsticks already hovering over one of the bowls as I kicked them away with my chopsticks.

‚What-‚ Hyunjin wanted to complain, already in a worse mood again than before because he had to sit at the same table as Minho, but stopped when he saw what I was doing..

‚They're not at all flexible behind that counter.. they didn't listen to me even though I told them many times, at some point I just gave up..' I grumbled picking out the eggplant out of his bowl.

‚Princey, can you tell me, what exactly you did to Squirrel?' Minhyun stared at me with almost unbelieving eyes, tying up their hair, so that it wouldn't annoy her while they were eating. ‚There had never been a day when he picked out carrots for me...'

‚You have working hands, you can pick them out yourself..' I said looking up, when I was finished.

‚Hyunjin's hands are also working..' They pouted.

‚Minhyun-ah, if you want to get your carrots picked out by Squirrel, you have to change your name to Hwang Hyunjin, deepen your voice and get rid of the real Hyunjin and preferably Han's eyes.. then you might have a chance..' Minho commented to my left.

‚Will you take my carrots then, Minho?'

‚You'll have to grow fur, whiskers and cute paws to get me to do it.. So you better eat them, they're good for your eyes.'

Later we had to gather all our stuff out of the rooms then got back to the busses. Our group sat down on almost the same seats as last time, just that this time Hyunjin pushed me onto the window seat, not caring about my protests. I knew he liked the window seat more, but he still insisted on me sitting there this time. The MinMin situation in front of us was still the same as last time, just that Minho had sat down next to Minhyun out of his own will. I had the feeling that the evening yesterday had opened a whole new path of understanding for them and their friendship. They seemed closer, as if Minho had become new source of backup for Minhyun. He had surprised everyone with how much he actually payed attention, even when he doesn't seem to be listening. He was strange, but also the best addition to our group of friends we could've possibly asked for... well...as long as you didn't ask Hyunjin...

The bus was mostly quiet... mostly...

It didn't even need ten minutes since we had departed, for some girls and boys to talk and spread their rumours again. The quietness only helped the conversation to come through to my ears.

‚He's wearing Han's Hoodie isn't he?

‚Yeah.. I just don't get it.. a day ago Hyunjin was still crying cause of that jerk ... and then yesterday we spotted them making out again...'