XVI || Roommates for a Week

‚Did you already pack? You should've said something.' Hyunsook pointed at two bags near the front door.

‚No that's for the class trip tomorrow.' Hyunjin mumbled. ‚Some kind of activity camp.. you know, what teachers come up with..'

‚These things are either boring or resemble the military.. there were just a few I actually enjoyed to my time..'

‚The latter..probably.' I said munching on some food. ‚The week could get real funny..Mr. Kim is no joke..' 

__________

I pulled Hyunjin along behind me, when we entered the bus, moving almost all the way to the back. I let him sit at the window, taking the isle seat. Minhyun shuffled into the row in front of us.

‚I don't know if I should be excited or not..' She said ruffling through her open hair, while watching the bus filling up slowly.

‚I'm not sure about that either..'

‚At least sharing a room with the boys of this class isn't as bad. I -on the other hand- have to share a room with a huge group of his Fanclub..' She pointed at Hyunjin next to me. ‚and to them I'm standing on the wrong side..' Now her eyes looked at me..

‚What do you thin- ah gotcha.' She grinned, having successfully pulled someone onto the seat next to her. He hadn't even looked up from his phone, listening to something on his earphones. I wasn't sure if she had a death wish or if she was just excited about the fact again, that she was the only girl Minho was actually talking to. Ever since he came into our class, he had started to become friends with the three of us. He was a little strange.. sometimes screaming out of the blue just because he wanted to.. but who out of our group wasn't at least a little strange.. it was what made us fun... unique.

‚Alright class, I hope you're all excited about the upcoming week!' Mr. Kim shouted through the bus, earning mixed reactions. ‚Joining us on this trip will be Mr. Park.' Said one gave us a quick wave, then sat down again.

'At least one reasonable person..' I mumbled to Hyunjin.

‚The drive will take about four hours.. depending on the traffic. Everything else I will tell you, when we have arrived.' The teacher sat down at the front, the doors of the bus closing, before it slowly began to move.

An hour in I noticed Hyunjin's eyes getting heavier, falling shut here and there. I carefully reached around the cable of the earphones we shared, guiding his head to rest on my shoulder.

‚Tired?' I asked quietly, turning down the volume of the music. The blonde nodded, taking one of my hands in his, intertwining our fingers. ‚I'll wake you, when we arrive.' My thumb was stroking slightly over the back of his hand, as Minhyun suddenly turned around to us, taking a photo with her phone.

‚Cute.' She grinned, admiring her display, even showing it off to Minho next to her. He turned slightly, my eyes meeting his for a moment, before he focussed again on his own phone.

The drive took a very long time.. the traffic was exceptionally bad. Sometimes, when nothing was moving, I could hear Mr. Kim argue with Mr. Park.

‚We would have arrived before the sun set, if we had departed earlier...'

‚They are young and they're supposed to enjoy this trip..'

‚Like this the whole Monday is gone.. I'll have to rethink my plans..'

‚The Monday would've been gone anyways.. Did you really expect them to do anything after a long drive like this?'

After long six hours, we had finally arrived at our destination.