The Ball

I got ready for the day, deciding to keep it simple and wear a plain black crop top with black ripped jeans and a khaki jacket.

I headed downstairs, already hearing Jenna's and Elena's conversation before I even got to their stairs.

"Also known as Logan 'scum' Fell. Did your mum ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" I heard Jenna ask, disgust in her voice.

I never knew Jenna dated a reporter. "Oh, no way. You and him? He's cute." And apparently neither did Elena.

I walked in to the kitchen to grab a coffee before I left. I looked over at the TV to see this 'Logan' guy. I must admit, he is pretty cute.

"He IS cute." I admitted.

Jenna looked disgusted at the both of us, "He's not cute. There's nothing cute about him."

I noticed Elena pulling out some old looking items and cleaning them.

"What's that?" I asked walking up to Elena and leaning against the table to take a better look at what she was doing.

"I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display." Elena informed me.

Jenna did the same thing as me and she picked up a small ring from the collection. "Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?" 

"Originally it was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring." Elena corrected.

Jeremy joined us in the kitchen, also picking up one of the items. "How much do you think this is worth? You know, like on eBay?"

"You're not gonna sell it Jer." I glared.

"I wasn't planning on it, that stuff is mum and dad's, you can't just give it away." He defended.

"I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy." Elena justified.

The doorbell rang and Elena immediately got up to open the door. From the kissing sounds I'm hearing, I'm gonna assume it's Stefan. Yep, definitely Stefan, she's taking him upstairs and because I don't want to hear what they're about to do, I'm gonna head out.

======================================================

I arrived at the Grill and ordered grilled sandwich while I waited for Caroline and Bonnie to get here. I noticed Tyler was here with his parents, and I could just feel the tension between them when Vicky came by to take their order.

-

Caroline and Bonnie arrived at the same time I was finishing my sandwich.

"You're taking Damon to the founder's party? I thought we were meant to go together?" Bonnie exclaimed, sitting down beside me while Caroline sat down opposite us.