You're Free

I somehow managed to find Klaus. Unfortunately, he has already managed to find Rebekah too.

"As long as it takes, by whatever means necessary."

And Elijah has clearly decided to join the party too.

As soon as I walked up to the entrance of the cemetery I noticed Rebekah on the phone to Marcel.

"Bex!" I shouted, about to enter the cemetery.

"No, wait!"

I stopped and looked at her like she was crazy. "What do you mean, no?"

"If you walk in here, you won't be able to leave until the moon rises, we're trapped in here."

I didn't think twice before entering and joining Rebekah. "You think I'd just sit around and wait at home, hoping Nik didn't kill you?"

She chuckled, walking over and meeting me in the middle as we hugged each other.

-

I kept Rebekah company for a few hours now while Elijah kept Klaus away from Rebekah, it was honestly getting tiring now.

"You've been at this for hours. To what end?" Elijah extended his arms. "Niklaus, I know you, and I grew up fighting you. I can't be beaten, nor can I be persuaded. You cannot get past me.

"I can get past you." Klaus disagreed. "Although, it might have to be over your dead body. You did stab me with that blade, forcing me to endure hours of unspeakable pain. Perhaps I should direct my rage towards you."

"You should see yourself; the murderous expression, the self-righteous posturing. You look like father."

Ooooh low blow Elijah. Second person comparing him to Mikael today, that must've hurt.

"I'm not him. Rebekah's betrayal justified my anger. His was that of a madman. You were never the recipient of his cruelty. None you were; not Kol, not Finn, none of you!" He yelled.

Yep definitely pissed.

"I think you've forgotten what he was truly like."

"No. I have not forgotten." Elijah stated.

It wasn't long after that, that Klaus tried to speed past Elijah again and get to Rebekah but Elijah quickly managed to block his way.

"Niklaus, I understand your anger, but I implore you, be better than him. Do what he could not; demonstrate the grace of mercy, rather than this petty cruelty."

"You ask me to show mercy to one who has wronged me. You really don't know me at all, do you, brother?"

Before I knew it, Rebekah was walking away from me and in the direction of her brothers. "Enough. Whatever I have done wrong, my guilt is nothing compared to yours. You want revenge? Fine. But before you have it, I will look you in the eye and tell you why it was your cruelty and your spite that led us to this."

"Go on, then. Speak you piece, and when you are finished, I will grant you the punishment you deserve, even if I have to go through Elijah to do so."

I rolled my eyes, getting up and walking over to join Rebekah's side. Klaus and I immediately made eye contact, this being the first time he actually saw me inside the cemetery with them.

-

Klaus was stood at the top of a tomb and spoke, pretending to be a judge. "Let it begin. The trial of Rebekah Mikaelson."

"What a relief. His ego is in check." Rebekah mumbled to me, causing me to smile, suppressing a laugh.

"You stand accused of betraying your own blood. How do you plead?"