Labonair

Somehow every time I tried to relax or be by myself, there was always something going on in New Orleans and someone I cared about had to be in trouble.

Today, I wanted the day to myself after we lost Davina. I spent a lot of my day in her room, admiring her paintings. That was, until Elijah interrupted my peaceful day.

"We have found many dead daywalkers today and Rebekah is not answering her calls." He announced.

"Okay, she's probably busy. Why are you telling me this, Elijah?"

"Frankly, I'm worried that she had something to do with this. She's very displeased with Niklaus, perhaps even conspiring with others."

Elijah suddenly took off downstairs as if he heard something. I reluctantly headed after him and saw him standing by Thierry, who I thought was stuck behind a brick wall.

"My sister is rather fond of you. Strange, she's not typically drawn to unremarkable men. Would you care to explain your sudden magnetism?" Elijah questioned the man.

He looked up at Elijah warily. "I don't know what you're-"

Elijah cut him off by grabbing him by the throat and pushing him against the wall. "You can either tell me what you know, or I can distribute tiny pieces of you throughout the Quarter."

"She asked me to keep an eye out on witch stuff." He panted. "I found something, and when I showed her, we were jumped by some guy. He desiccated her with his touch."

Elijah tightened his grip on the man's throat. "Like a coward, you left her."

"What was I supposed to do, fight some warlock that took out an Original?"

Elijah and I exchanged a worried look.

"Where was this exactly?" I interrogated the man.

"The docks, warehouse 57. I was just doing what she asked. You cannot tell Klaus about this."

Elijah waited a second before snapping Thierry's neck and throwing him to the ground. "I shall take that into consideration."

He turned around and began to leave without another word.

"I'm coming with you." I stated, catching his attention.

"No. Stay here, the compound is safe."

I shook my head in disbelief. "It wasn't a question, Elijah. Rebekah's in trouble, I'm coming with you."

He gave me a look, still not convinced.

"Look, I'm pregnant, not handicapped. I can fight and protect myself perfectly fine."

"Fine." He sighed.

-

We arrived to the warehouse Thierry directed us to and immediately noticed Rebekah. She was surrounded by a circle with runes and candles.

We ran up to her but a spell was preventing us from entering the circle.

"It's some kind of boundary spell. Someone is channeling her. Typically, it's a lethal process, but because she's an Original, she can't die."

"She's an endless source of power." I finished the sentence for him.

Elijah took out his phone and quickly dialed Sophie's number. They were on the phone for what seemed like ages, trying to figure out how to get Rebekah out of there.

"You're not listening. We cannot enter the circle. There's some kind of confinement spell... if I can't remove her, we can't break the link." Elijah frantically explained.