New Orleans

"Elijah, being a human means a fresh start. I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning, knowing that each one matters." Rebekah explained.

Klaus, who was sat on the opposite side of me laughed. "Well, that was poetic.

"Well, if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please." Elijah reasoned.

"Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. He will torment me until I give him the cure."

"And in doing so he will break down the wall to the Other Side." Rebekah added.

"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soulmate." Klaus looked at Elijah. "You of all lovesick fools should applaud his devotion."

"He will open the floodgates of every supernatural being that has ever died." Rebekah continued.

"Including our dear brothers, Kol and Finn. We'll have our family back."

"Please, you hated Kol and you kept Finn in a box for most of his life." Rebekah argued.

"I'm with Bex on this one, she deserves to have a normal life, have a family and kids." I added, earning myself a glare from Klaus.

"Elijah, please." Klaus pleaded.

"Your personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Klaus. I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness." Elijah justified.

The biggest smile formed on Rebekah's face, while Klaus continued to glare at everyone. "Tell me you're joking. Tell me you're not fating me to an eternity of torture."

"I made my decision."

Klaus stood up and leaned down to speak into Rebekah's ear. "When you're sick and dying, and you beg for my blood, I will laugh in your face and compel you to forget me."

And with that he left the room.

"Don't worry Bex, I'll be here to save you." I winked.

She gave me a thankful smile before turning to her brother. "Where is the cure?"

"Rebekah, it's no secret that you are impulsive, emotional, and at times morally questionable. Prove to me this isn't just another one of your whims, that you know precisely what you are giving up here."

"Fine. Anything."

"I want you to live a day as a human. This day. No vampire privileges-- no strength, no compulsion, no nothing. If you succeed, if you still believe this is what you want, the cure is yours."

Rebekah took a deep breath, preparing herself for the day ahead of her.

-

(Brooke's prom dress, in this story Caroline is still wearing the dress she was in the show but she never got it from Klaus

(Brooke's prom dress, in this story Caroline is still wearing the dress she was in the show but she never got it from Klaus.)

-