Stories

We looked around the pickup truck but all we found was the wind blowing tarp around.

"It was a tarp. We saw a tarp." Damon stated, sounding disappointed.

Then the sound of the carousel turned on again.

"And that... that is on a timer. That turned on by itself." He pointed out.

"But your car." Bonnie tried.

"I left it here in '94."

"And the crossword?" She questioned.

"You filled it out, Bonnie. Which means we're alone in my own hell with no Grams escape hatch. We're never getting out."

He sounded even more disappointed than he ever was during this whole time. The small slither of hope disappeared just as quickly as it appeared.

"Give me your ring." Bonnie grew frustrated.

"What?"

"Give me your ring." She grabbed his hand and tried to snatch it but Damon resisted. "All I've heard you say is that you have no hope and that this is your hell, so if it's so bad, why don't you just end it?"

I pushed Bonnie back off of Damon. "We're not getting out of here, Bonnie! Just give up already, we're stuck here with just the three of us forever. Believe me, I wanna get out of here more than the two of you but I know when to give up, Bonnie."

"Hope is the only thing keeping me going, Brooke, so if you're really done, if you have none, then be done because this isn't helping." She walked off away from the parking lot.

I looked up at Damon and I could tell he wasn't exactly happy with how I dealt with that.

"What? Are you gonna tell me how I should have hope too? How we're gonna get out of here and go back to living our lives normally?" I questioned.

He shook his head slightly. "No, you're right. But I was thinking... what is it that you so desperately want to go back to?"

I gulped and looked down at my feet, thinking back to New Orleans, Klaus and Elijah. And most importantly, Hope. My little baby girl.

I looked back up and contained the tears that threatened to spill. "Tell you over a bottle of bourbon?"

He nodded and we walked back into the shop, straight to the alcohol isle.

Damon picked up a bottle but just before we were going to walk off, we heard a noise nearby. He put the bottle back down and we headed towards the noise, and to our surprise, found a man lounged on a chair, munching pork rinds.

"Rough day, huh?" The guy spoke. "Sorry. Manner. I'm Kai. Nice to meet you. Pork rind?" He offered the bag of chips.

Damon and i stared at each other in shock as the guy kept loudly munching on the pork rinds, irritating me by now.

"That is gonna have to stop." Damon told him.

Clearly, he found his munching annoying too.

"Oh, you think this is annoying? Hmm. Try listening to you and Bonnie bicker every 5 minutes. You on the other hand, you've kept quite for most of the time you've been here." He pointed to me.

"So you've been following us." I pointed out.

"Of course I have. You guys are the closest thing I have to a TV. I mean, you're no 'Baywatch' but... remember 'Baywatch'?"

"No. I do not."

"Oh. Oh, man, you got to watch it. You like lifeguards, like... Hot ones?"

I don't know what this guy is on but he is not normal.