The Last Dance

I woke up with Damon's arm tightly wrapped around my naked figure. I turned around to face him and I couldn't help but just look at how peacefully he was sleeping.

"It's creepy to stare." Or maybe peacefully resting.

I gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Not if I'm your girlfriend."

"Touché."

I was about to snuggle into his bare chest when the Stefan rushed into the room.

He stopped as soon as he noticed his brother was not alone.

"Brooke, oh, I didn't realise you were here. Sorry, I should have knocked."

I sat up, holding the covers tightly, making sure I'm completely covered.

"It's okay, Stefan. Don't worry-" I started.

"Now unless someone I care about, which isn't a lot of people, is dying, you can leave." Damon interrupted.

"Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep." Stefan briefly explained.

"As in Elena's bio vampire mum? Alaric's ex wife?" I asked.

"Mhm." Damon nodded.

"What does she want?" I asked.

"I don't know. That's what I'm about to find out."

"I'll take a shower and go home in a while too." I stated.

Stefan nodded before leaving the room.

Just as I was getting out of bed, Damon grabbed my arm trying to pull me back into bed.

"Damon, I was being serious, I need to go take a shower."

"Can I at least join you?"

"No."

He pouted like a little child and I knew he was not planning on letting go until I agreed.

"Fine."

He let go of my arm, immediately following me into the bathroom.

-

-

I came back home and headed straight into the kitchen where I heard the voice of an unknown woman, presumably Isobel.

"Since I was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus. We knew our best chance was to find him before he could find you."

"Best chance at what?" Stefan asked.

"Keeping Elena alive." John spoke.

"We can manage that without the both of you." I said, stepping into the kitchen.

"Who's this?" Isobel asked Elena.

"Brooke, I live here. You must be Isobel."

"I am."

There was a moment of silence before Stefan decided to speak again. "Were you able to find Klaus?"

Isobel's attention diverted back towards Stefan. "No. Nobody knows where he is but there are these rumors that are flying around. That a doppelgänger exists."

"Which means any vampire that wants to get in favor with Klaus will be lining up to capture you." John added.

"Even if we believed you, how do we know you're actually going to help?" I questioned.

"Isobel's been helping all along. Klaus has been obsessed with finding Katherine for centuries. All it would take was any one of those 1864 tomb vampires to spread the word around that Katherine was still alive and it would bring him straight here to Mystic Falls, where you were bound to be discovered, so we killed them." John asserted.