Brother's Death

Jeremy filled me in on how Kol went after them again and Damon stepped in. Jeremy managed to get away but Kol took Damon with him so I immediately made my way back down to Mystic Falls to track them down.

I got to Klaus' mansion but apparently so did Elena, her voice rang through the walls.

"Whatever our differences, we want the same thing. Please, Klaus, I'm begging you."

"Call him off, Nik." I ordered, strutting into the room.

Klaus smiled at me and rolled his eyes before pulling out his phone. A few rings went by before Kol picked up.

"Little brother. Just two days home, and I'm told you've already gone and made a mess."

"Come on, Nik. I was only having some fun."

"Those vampires were for my hunter."

"I'll make some more. There's no shortage of people."

"Where's Damon Salvatore?"

"I gave him a good and proper beating just for old time's sake."

"Yes. Well, you've had your fun. Now let him go and come home. Avoid any more trouble, or you'll find yourself back in a box."

"Hey. No need to be nasty about it."

"On the contrary, I find nastiness to be essential whenever my siblings try to sabotage me. Listen closely, Kol. Stay away from the Gilbert boy. You understand?"

"Fine. I won't touch him. You have my word."

"Come on, Lena. You can wait for him at home." I waved her over to the exit.

"Ahh, is that Brooke I hear? Did she want to-"

Before Kol managed to finish the sentence I rushed over to Klaus, hanging up the phone and handing it back with a smile.

He raised his eyebrows at me with curiosity but I decided to ignore it.

I spun around, ready to leave with Elena but Klaus grabbed my arm, holding me back.

I turned around and looked at him in confusion.

"Next time you go off kissing my brother you might not want to come to my house with a hickey on your neck demanding I help you."

His words were cold and had me lost for words. I could almost sense the slight hint of anger and jealousy in his tone that he was trying to hide.

I pulled my arm out of his grip and left the mansion, not paying attention to Elena that stood there shocked.

-

-

Damon got back home safe, with just one small problem. Kol compelled him to kill Jeremy. He's locked up in the Salvatore basement for the time being while we figure out how to deal with him.

It was now late at night when we heard a knock on the door.

"Lena, get the door!" I shouted from upstairs.

I was now back home since Jeremy learned to control his hunter side a bit better.

I heard Elena open the door and I listened in to figure out who was downstairs.

"Good evening, Gilbert clan." I heard Klaus' voice.

I walked downstairs, joining Elena and Jeremy at the door.

"I've come to fetch my hunter. Seeing as how my brother's become a liability, Jeremy will be safer with me."

"I think I'll pass. I've killed enough people for you today." Jeremy declined.