It's Okay To Care

I found myself in a quiet park, sitting on a bench with one of the most important decisions I have ever faced.

I have a vial of wolfsbane next to me, just a few drops and I can carry on with my life like nothing happened. I can go back to Mystic Falls and live my life normally, before the Mikaelsons made their entrance. Or even better, I can go to Beacon Hills and visit my other friends, ones I haven't seen in a while. I'm sure they would be happy to see me. I can forget about Klaus, forever.

I grabbed the vile and put a few drops into a cup.

"Okay. I'm gonna do this. It's just one upset stomach and I can leave all of this behind." I told myself.

I lifted the cup to my face and closed my eyes. I urged myself to drink but I just couldn't. Just as I lowered the cup I heard a branch snap behind me.

I stood up and looked around. Seeing nothing in front of me, I turned around, finding a man just a few centimetres away from me, completely vamped out.

"Dumb move, coming into the Quarter. You're coming with me, wolf."

I laughed to myself. "Wolf. Haven't been told that one before."

He raised an eyebrow in confusion. I didn't waste time and threw the contents of the cup into his face and smirked as he roared in pain. I spun around, only to be faced with two more vampires. I rushed towards one, snapping his neck and just as I was making my way to the other one, he dropped to the ground, and behind him stood Rebekah with his heart in her hand.

She glared at the man on the ground. "Now, that is no way to treat a pregnant lady. I do hate bad manners."

She threw the heart on the ground before smiling at me. "You're welcome."

"I had that under control." I rolled my eyes.

She smirked. "I know you did. But I would've missed out on all the fun if I didn't get here on time."

-

We arrived back at Klaus' mansion with the dead vampires. Apparently he wasn't too pleased with our work.

He looked down at the bodies. "This is why I didn't want you to ever leave the house."

"Thought you didn't care about me." I mocked.

He opened his mouth but quickly stopped himself from saying something. "I had a plan, and your little nighttime stroll put it all in peril! Werewolves are banned in the Quarter."

I crossed my arms. "I'm as much of a werewolf as you are."

"Yet, I made sure everyone here knew who I was. Unlike you, somehow making yourself only be known as a werewolf."

I suddenly got a rush of guilt, knowing that the only reason I was identified as a werewolf was because of the wolfsbane, which Klaus didn't know about.

"Leave him!" Klaus screamed.

I turned to see what he was talking about; one of the vampires wasn't dead yet and Rebekah was already on her way to finish him off.

"You've done enough don't you think? Leaving a trail of bodies like a road map to my door?" Klaus accused.

This seemed to piss Rebekah off.

"Only because I overheard this lot bragging about werewolf heads. And don't give me that crap about having a plan. You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a damn thing! Elijah made a deal to protect your child, so that it could save you from your selfish, rotten self. But you obviously don't give a damn about the child or Elijah, because what have you done to honor it?" She argued.