Bonfire

Klaus' POV

I tried calling Elijah multiple times but I still didn't get a reply, so i resulted to voicemail. "I'm done leaving messages, Elijah. To say that this is urgent would be a gross understatement. We need to speak immediately."

Once I hang up the phone, I sensed someone entering the compound. And not just anyone, Davina, to be precise.

"I was wondering whether you would show up." I stated, turning around to find Davina approaching me. "I'm afraid I'm not done torturing your darling Kol. You best run along while you still can."

"I'm not going anywhere, Klaus." She shook her head.

"Whoa, D, today is not the day." Marcel spoke from upstairs.

"Actually, I think it is." She held out and hand and twisted her wrist, snapping Marcel's neck using magic, causing him to fall down the stairs.

She then turned to me with a smirk on her face. "Looks like it's just you and me now."

"You forget yourself. You're not as powerful as you once were, Harvest girl." I taunted.

"Doesn't mean I can't still kick your ass!" She threw her hand in front of her, magically throwing me across the room.

I found myself flying through the double doors, breaking them in the process. She approached the area where I had fallen but I had already sped away, startling her. I quickly sped over to her and threw her down the hell, causing her to scream.

She ended up hitting her head, and a cut appeared above her eyebrow.

"Such hubris! And from one who bleed so easily." I smirked.

As she stood up and struggled to catch her breath, she continued to taunt me. "You talk such a big game, but you couldn't even kill Mikael when you had the chance! He was right about you, you know? You're weak."

I quickly lost my temper, resulting in me speeding over to her and biting into her neck. She continued to scream as I drank her blood. However, I suddenly began to choke and shortly after fell unconscious.

-

I woke up slightly startled but soon realised what had happened. I must have been out for a while since it wasn't just me and Davina in the room anymore. We were now joined by Cami, Marcel, and Kol.

"What did she do to me?" I questioned.

"All you need to know is that I beat you, again." She stated.

"And yet, you relented. You need me, don't you?" I smirked. "Did I really lose?"

-

Rebekah called me to inform me of Elijah's weird behaviour since he arrived. He slaughtered a dozen people, risking drawing our mother's attention. Therefore, I have instructed her on meeting me. But before, I could leave, I went to speak to Kol first.

"For the record, I didn't know a bloody thing about mother's plan for Cami, I swear." Kol explained himself.

Turns out, our mother has prepared Camille's body to jump Rebekah into once she had found her.

"I believe this was Finn's task." I stated.

"Where, pray tell, is he now?" He asked.

"He's waiting uncomfortably for me to return and deliver his punishment. Pass the beignets, will you?"

He reached over and handed me the plate of pastries. "You know, it's only a matter of time before mother gets bored of waiting for you to let us go. Well, Finn at least. I don't expect she'd care if I never came home."