Darling

I missed out on going to the winter wonderland charity event as I wasn't feeling up for a celebration/party. Elena and Damon were trying to get Jeremy used to being around Elena and I stayed at my hotel for the whole day. I needed a break from the drama and everything around me.

Like I wanted, my day was going great until I heard a knock on the door. I tried ignoring it but the person wouldn't stop.

"Open the door, love. I know you're in there." A familiar British voice spoke.

I rolled my eyes and got up to open the door.

"What the hell do you-" I stopped myself when I realised Klaus stood before me, covered in blood with tears dried on his cheeks.

"Nik, how- are- what happened?"

He walked past me into my room without answering my question. I closed the door behind him and noticed him sitting on my bed with his gaze down onto his feet.

I kneeled down in front of him and made him face me. "What happened?"

"I killed my hybrids."

I could smell the alcohol immediately as soon as he opened his mouth. It was so strong and judging by the situation, I assume he was drunk.

I stood up and sat in his lap, wrapping my arms around him, pulling his body into mine. He buried his face into my chest and wrapped his arms around my small figure.

I ran my fingers reassuringly through his hair, trying to soothe him.

 After a few minutes sitting in that position, I pulled myself away and looked into his eyes which were already starting back int

"Nik, I know you may feel like you just lost everyone who would stay by your side but you haven't. You haven't lost me and I'm not going anywhere. I probably should have ran ages ago but I'm still here and I won't ever leave you alone."

-

Not long after my small confession, Klaus took a shower and we both fell asleep holding each other through the night.

When I woke up, I expected to feel the warmth of another body next to mine but instead when I opened my eyes I saw the other side of the bed completely empty. Klaus must have left a few hours ago without waking me up.

My phone rang on my bedside table and I couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed not seeing Klaus' name on the screen.

"Hey Care, what's up?"

"Klaus killed Tyler's mum yesterday, we're holding a memorial for her in a few hours. Will you be there?"

My blood started to boil realising why Klaus decided to leave so early. He knew I would get mad at him as soon as I found out about what he had done so he avoided it by leaving.

"Of course, Care. I'll see you soon."

I hang up the phone and got up to start my day, getting ready for the memorial.

-

-