The Truth

I arrived at the dance with Damon by my side. Before walking in, I saw Jeremy and Bonnie talking about how using all her power could kill her. If I could hear them, it mean Damon also heard them and now knows about the plan.

When we got inside, Dana was standing on the stage, making an announcement.

"Thanks for being here, everybody. We have a special shout-out tonight. This is for Elena, from Klaus." 

A song started playing, we all listened closely to the lyrics of the song. "This is dedicated to the one I love."

I looked over to Elena and saw her freaked out expression.

"That was a lame, cheap shot. He's just trying to bait us." Damon retorted.

"I know everyone here." Elena stated.

I scanned the area. "He's not here, I don't see him."

"Maybe he just wants us to believe that he's here." Stefan suggested.

"It's a party, people. Blend. Let him come to us." Damon spoke up.

"Good idea." Bonnie smiled, pulling Jeremy away.

Damon reached out his hand for me to take with a smirk on his face. I smiled at him, taking his hand as he dragged me away onto the dance floor.

After a few minutes of dancing, Stefan signaled to Damon that he's leaving Elena. Damon looked at me, making sure it's okay he leaves.

"It's okay, go." I smiled.

Damon let go of my waist and took over, dancing with Elena. I scanned the room and found Ric standing by the drinks and snacks table.

"Hey." I said, walking over to him.

"Special dedication, huh? This guy's a little twisted."

"More than a little. It's really not impressive."

"No?" Ric asked.

I raised an eyebrow at him but decided it's probably nothing. "Let me know if you see anything weird."

He nodded, allowing me to walk back into the crowd.

I looked for Elena, and found her standing to a side with Jeremy. As soon as he walked away, both Stefan and I came over to her.

"Hey, everything alright?" I asked.

"I'm not sure." She said, worriedly looking out to where her brother just left.

Stefan took the hint and went over to find Jeremy while I stayed with Elena.

When Stefan came back, he told Elena about Bonnie's suicide mission which caused Elena to immediately look for her.

We went outside as it was a lot quieter out there than inside.

"How could you not tell me?" Elena questioned.

"Because we knew how you'd react." I explained.

"We? You knew?" Elena looked at me hurt so I gave her an apologetic smile.

"No. No way, it's not an option."

"It's our only option." Bonnie argued.

"Then we'll find another way, okay? Bonnie, you're not dying to save my life."

"I have the power to save you! If I don't use it and something happens, that would kill me more."

"I can't let you."

"Just answer one question...if the situation was reversed, would you do it for me?"

Elena's silence was enough for an answer.