Empty Heart Part 1

Everyone whispered as you walked through the corridors, tightening your Slytherin tie with a serious look on your face. Your name was Y/N Black, daughter of Sirius. When your father had been put in Azkaban, you had already been born, only a month older than Harry. You grew up with him, and the Dursley's treated you better than Harry, since they knew you weren't the Potter's blood.

                   But even with the special treatment, you had always held hatred against those who had wronged you, like the Dursley's, who hurt you emotionally, the people who had put your father in Azkaban for crimes he hadn't really committed, and Snape, for being a total jackass toward you as well as Harry. Though your father was okay, living away from Azkaban, you still held the grudge, until you felt nothing.

                      You were now empty-hearted. It was like the Dementors took away your happiness in exchange for your father's. You made your way to Potions, sitting down next to Draco, as usual. "Hey. Hey, Black! Look at me." You slowly turned your head toward him and stared at him with dark, icy e/c eyes.

                 "What is it, Malfoy?" He narrowed his eyes at you. "Why don't you talk much?" You stared at him blankly, then sneered at him. "So I don't have to talk to dumbasses like you. Too dumb to realize you have a big, fat gay crush on my brother, and too much of an ass to be nice to him." Draco blushed. "I do not have a crush on Harry!"

               You rolled your eyes then directed them toward Snape. "Sure you don't." Draco continued to make remarks. "It's like you don't even have a heart! If I got thrown off my broom, what would you do?" You shrugged. "I don't really care, and I never will."

          Draco sighed as you continued to feel nothing. "Whatever." he mumbled. Little did you know, a certain girl was watching you.

Hermione's POV

             I've never really taken interest in other people, especially during my studies, but a certain h/c-haired girl caught my eye. From what I've heard, her name is Y/N Black. Harry's older "sister". I watched as this girl snarkily put down Draco, who easily went down with her degrading words. I noticed how her eyes were empty as she spoke. This intrigued me.

           She sat up straight, head held high, face set in a serious way. It reminded me of Percy, but the female, more attractive version. She kept her eyes trained on Snape, not realizing I was staring. That's kind of hot..Waitwaitwait-noooo. My cheeks turned red at the thought.

           There was something different about her. Something under all of that emotionless exterior. Something, broken. Something that she needed to feel again. I wanted to help her. So I made a plan to get close to her.